Tame IRN as breeders

Moderator: Mods

pinkdevil

Tame IRN as breeders

Post by pinkdevil »

I have a IRN, (Jasper), that I handraised 3 years ago. She is a wonderful bird and has kept her bond with me even though she is in an aviary and has been for over 2 years now.
Early this year I placed a male IRN, (aviary bred), with her in the hopes that she may breed this year. The male is doing his best to try and win her affections over, but she is only interested in me! :roll:
She is doing all the right behaviour, crouching down, clucking etc, only problem she is doing it to me :shock: :shock:
I have tried to not spend time with her in the hope she would bond with the boy, but everytime I am outside she follows me around her cage as much as her aviary will allow her. When I enter the aviary to feed and water, she flies straight onto me and shows me her "love". :oops:
I have read that tame ringecks do breed and have seen pictures of tame ringnecks with bubs. I am wondering if Jasper thinks she is just a feathery human and has no interest in other birds other then chase them from me.

What do you guys think?

Any one else experienced this?

:)
bec

Post by bec »

ive think ive got a feathered human too!!!!
skeet thinks shes one of my kids
she hates all other birds and will attack any that come near her or me
Melika

Post by Melika »

I had a budgie I took in as soon as he weaned and he grew very attached. Circumstances in my life changed and I decided he would be happier in the aviary with the other budgies and tiels.

Sadly, he never grew fond of them and was often sitting alone. He kept his attachment to me until the day he died (cancer got him, as so often budgies get nowadays) five years later. I sort of... feel guilty still for not taking him back into my room. I should have spent more time with him, even if he was in the aviary. One of my few avian regrets.

So um, that's my story of a bonded bird. Heh. Not a very happy one sorry. In no way meant to discourage what you are trying to do at all! Your Jasper might just want time, or she'll never be interested in that boy. Maybe another boy will catch her fancy? I don't know. If I knew someone that could predict avian behavior... $$ millions right there. Millions.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay