When will babies eat on their own?

Moderator: Mods

wakeq8

When will babies eat on their own?

Post by wakeq8 »

Hi all,

When I joined a month ago, I had 4 new babies. Unfortunately one did not survive, but the other 3 are going strong. The biggest 2 have bright green feathers coming through, the little one has feathers, but not coloured yet. They are now 4 weeks old.

I want to separate them from the parents soon, as the parents are wild, and I want to tame the little fellas. When will they start to eat food on their own?

Thanks for any advice.

Deb & Carl
In Kuwait
Deb & Carl in INQ8
Jan

Re: When will babies eat on their own?

Post by Jan »

wakeq8 wrote:Hi all,

When I joined a month ago, I had 4 new babies. Unfortunately one did not survive, but the other 3 are going strong. The biggest 2 have bright green feathers coming through, the little one has feathers, but not coloured yet. They are now 4 weeks old.

I want to separate them from the parents soon, as the parents are wild, and I want to tame the little fellas. When will they start to eat food on their own?

Thanks for any advice.

Deb & Carl
In Kuwait
If the babies are 4 weeks old and still being fed by the parrents you can look at ± another 3 to 4 weeks at most. The babies starts eating on their own much sooner than being handfed and weened. :D