How does the breeder know??

Moderator: Mods

KellieH

How does the breeder know??

Post by KellieH »

About 3 months ago I acquired a 'male' blue IRN from a breeder.. he briefley explaned to me how he could guarantee me that the cocks were the blues and the albinos were the hens.. My 'male' is showing similar signs to a hen and now has me questioning how he could make this guarantee.. Or maybe he is just copying my beloved Fonz, learning her moves? These two want nothing to do with each other, mind you so the only time they are near is when in their cages.

Any info would be great.. I have sent away for a DNA testing kit however have not yet received it..

Thanks!!

P.S: keep your limbs etc for Fonz.... Hope she is still in the tree in the morning!! :cry:
Fah

Post by Fah »

Well, an Albino cock to a Blue hen will throw 100% albino hens, and 100% blue split ino cocks.

So this could be how he could guarantee the sex.

Ringnecks mimic alot of behaviour between the sexes, for fun, practise, hormones etc. I would not take its behaviour as a young bird as any indication in the slightest. They mimic both male and female natures as youth regardless of other ringnecks around them so yah, either more fun seeing it / hearing it, or just it doing its own thing in its happy world heh

:D