How do you get a turquoise opaline IRN ??

Moderator: Mods

ozziekate05

How do you get a turquoise opaline IRN ??

Post by ozziekate05 »

How do you get a turquoise opaline IRN ?? I saw a pic and think they are very stunning !! What pairings would i need Cheers ozzie
ozzie
Fah

Post by Fah »

Well, opaline is quite a rare mutation in Australia. Not overly hard to find, but harder to find someone who is willing to sell.

Turquoise, doesnt matter what bird carries the mutation, 50% of all their young will be turquoise.

Opaline is sex linked, so if the male has opaline visually, all hens will be opaline, all males will be split opaline.

To get a visual opaline young male from a clutch, you need to have at least the hen visual opaline and the male split opaline, or better yet, both parents opaline.

It is a lovely mutation though, just hard to find people willing to sell legitmate birds. Do not buy splits of opaline in Australia, only buy fully coloured birds... people selling splits need good background checking (and visual in person checks of the opaline parents).
ozziekate05

Post by ozziekate05 »

YES IT IS A VERY STUNNING , AS I LOVE LOOKING AT JUST THE OPAL STONES , SO YOU CAN SEE THE OPALINE ONLY IN TURQUOISE BIRDS ??
YEAH ?? COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE SELLING TURQUOISE IRNS MIGHT HAVE VISUAL OPALINE THAT IS NOT TO THEIR KNOWLEDGE ?? CHEERS
ozzie
Fah

Post by Fah »

I doubt many people have opalines and dont know it. Opaline doesnt have anything to do with opal like colours. Turquoise gives blue birds green hints or solid green areas here and there. Opaline lightents certain areas of the flight feathers and darkens the head.

Your best bet is just to really dig into that site I linked you, keep in mind you can get anything you want so long as your wallet is large enough.

Indian Ringneck mutations here in Australia range from like $100 to $2.5k (like turquoise, and blue cleartails).

When you combine certain mutations, those prices can jump, and jump high.

A friend just sold a Double Factor Violet (deep purple, not blue at all) Cleartail for approx $6k

An ordinary cleartail is only about $2.5k, violets you can get for $500 each atm, but trying to get your hands on two violet cleartails together to produce a 25% chance of a DF violet cleartail can take a few breeding seasons IF you have the perfect pair to start with.

Things like Opaline dont really have a worth at the moment, like Aqua, its basicly whatever the seller wants to sell them for, and how much people are willing to pay. Opaline is also not common... it would be like hoping to find a suitcase of money in a street gutter :P It happens... but to one in a million.
ozziekate05

Post by ozziekate05 »

Thankyou soo much for that valued information !! well i def havn't got a fat wallet lol !!!!!
ozzie