New Baby blue

Moderator: Mods

lutino

New Baby blue

Post by lutino »

Hi, in afew weeks i will be getting a new baby irn. I feel ready again after the death of Lutino (by the rat). The breeder said he could probably pick a male out of the group for me as he said they make slightly better pets. My question is, i didnt think it was possible to do that without DNA testing? Also is there any reason why some blue irn's have black nails, and others have that clear/skin colour nails?

Thanks in advance.
Fah

Post by Fah »

Sorry but no matter how "gifted" someone thinks they are.. they have no idea other than taking a guess. So I would not be looking to get a male without the DNA test... something that alot of breeders are more than willing to lie about / not do... simply to save $15-20.

Regarding the blues nails.. it can have alot to do with nutrition... a normal blue bird with clear nails I would suggest looking at their diet and sun sitution...

I have bred alot of blues in my time... never had a blue with clear / skin tone nails.

The regular blue bird should have black to grey nails... deffinately not clear / skin tone.
lutino

Post by lutino »

Thanks for the reply. I doesn't really bother me if i get a boy or girl though. Thats good, all his blues have black nails, im just sure ive seen some else where with clear nails. Maybe it was a different mutation i saw, like a turquoise??? Are there lots of different blue mutations or something?
Fah

Post by Fah »

Indian Ringnecks play host to a remarkable variety of Mutations, and each mutation can and does react quite vibrantly wither other mutations...

There are over 25 established mutations out there and I would not even try to work out the variety of colour combinations when you cross one mutation with another... its quite spectacular..

Blue is a mutation and when you add the turquoise mutation to that you get quite a lovely sight.

Here is a great link to help you learn more about the variety of mutations out there and quite a great source for general knowledge on mutations and their colouring.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... aWorld.htm