Creamino & Pallid

Moderator: Mods

Ring0Neck

Creamino & Pallid

Post by Ring0Neck »

I have paired up Creamino Cock with Grey Pallid hen

i have 2 young i think they are: TurquoiseBlue
Pallidino cock & grey turquoiseBlue pallidIno cock

They are still feathering up so i can't tell exactly what they are but the question i have is: how do i know the difference between a grey turquoiseBlue pallidIno & a grey turquoiseBlue Ino??? How do i know a Creamino from a turquoiseBlue pallidIno??

if anyone can help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Ring0Neck on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fah

Post by Fah »

A pallid-ino is visually a pallid bird. The more you breed it with Ino birds, the lighter the shade of colour the bird will adopt.

the "grey(sf) turquoise(parblue)Blue Ino" is just a creamino visually (cant see the grey though).

All your boys will be easy to sex, as the boys will all be pallid-ino's (visual pallids)

The hens will be more annoying.

You will get two visual birds from the hens... albino and creamino, and you will not be able to see if they have grey gene or not until you breed with them.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Fah,

That's true what you said but the TurquoiseBlue
Pallidino cock how can you tell (eyes, feet?) from the normal Creamino?

At this stage by the fathers i can not tell the lacewing markings, visually it looks like Jaie's Pallidino on his main website page.
It is mostly white and traces of yellow, knowing if it is a Creamino or a pallidino it also tells me the sex of the bird.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

If all PallidInos show color as they do, i just wonder how would a turquoiseBlue violet pallidIno look like??
Would it have a faint of violet in it? certainly my turquoiseGrey pallidIno looks quiet nice and showing the pale grey as they do ! why wouldn't the violet show it?
Fah

Post by Fah »

Noone said viotlet wouldnt show.

However, I think this goes back to the last time you wanted to put a violet with a albino. Adding those two genes is just not the best interest of the species, let alone your breeding program.

Also... pallid-ino birds get paler the more you breed them with albino's etc... you lose the whole point of violet when its so washed out with ino you would eventually not even be able to tell the difference between that and blue.

I would just wait another week or two if they are pinning and you just cant tell yet.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Fah,

Pairing a violet with albino is never an option to me. i would have asked before as i have an albino masking violet. If i am to breed any mutations with ino in them i would not use them as breeders but simply as pets or keep it for fosters and looks, I say: if it looks different i want to see it and keep it. same as the pallidinos. i just want to have them on my perch as they look different.

To clarify: my mutations are far away from inos/cinnamon however other mutation mixes (lacewing/inos ) that are not in my breeding program i have and will keep some in my aviaries.