Aggression towards other birds

Moderator: Mods

chipossesue

Aggression towards other birds

Post by chipossesue »

Anything I can do to improve relations between my IRN, Bodhi (male,6 mos) and my Eng budgie,Chipper( male,8 mos)?
Bodhi detests Chip, but Chip tries to be close to him- despite Bodhi's
lunges . I dont let them out at the same time anymore, but yesterday
Chip was out and landed on top of Bodhi's cage-Bodhi climbed up and grabbed Chip's toe-Much fussing and blood but thankfully the bite was superficial and Chip is fine today-and still eager to get nearer to his would-be assasin! Any chance of helping Bodhi tolerate Chipper?
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

How long have you had them and who was there first. It takes time to establish a working relationship for bird. The first thing I would do is clip your budgies wings . Befor something really bad happens like haveing his beak bit off. I had that happen to my GCC right after I got my African grey. and he will never have ful growth of his beak again. it has grown out enough that he can eat again on his own but I had to hand feed him with a shringe for 7 months. That said which bird was there first. you must retain the pecking order and do everything for your first bird first like feeding bathing petting. that way the birds will learn their place. also once you clip yor budgies wings you can let them out together but not to close to one another like mabie on oppisite sides of the room. when they are out you must supervise them eventually in a couple months your Irn should acept your budgie and not pay allot of attention to him but won't attack him either. They may even become buddy's but don't try to force it just let it happen if its meant to be it will b e.