goldolive cock to lutino hen ?

Moderator: Mods

tassie

goldolive cock to lutino hen ?

Post by tassie »

my lutino has just layed 4 eggs to goldolive cock could i please have some ideas to what outcome i may have with this paring :)
Jim

Post by Jim »

By gold olive I'm assuming that the male is, in what is as close as there is to a standard parlance, a greygreen cinnamon. Grey is a dominant gene and therefore your bird will look the same whether he has one copy of the grey gene or two copies. There's no way to tell just by looking at him. It does, however, affect the breeding results.

If he is single factor grey:

Males:

50% Single factor greygreen split for cinnamon and ino
50% Green split for cinnamon and ino

Females:

50% Single factor greygreen cinnamon
50% Green cinnamon

If the male is double factor grey:

Males:

100% Single factor greygreen split for cinnamon and ino

Females:

100% Single factor greygreen cinnamon

Split means that the bird inherited a copy of the gene but does not display it visually.

Notice that this is a pairing where you can visually determine the sex of all the babies. All babies that are visually cinnamon are female and all babies that are not visually cinnamon are male. Also note that if even one bird turns up that isn't grey then the male is single factor grey and the first set of outcomes is the one that's applicable to this pairing.

Let us know what ends up hatching.

Jim
October is National Tagline Awareness Month
Jim

Post by Jim »

One other thing worth noting...the babies that are visually cinnamon (all the females in this case) will have lighter toenails than the ones that aren't so you can tell who's who even before their feathers come in.

Jim
October is National Tagline Awareness Month
tassie

thankyou

Post by tassie »

Thank you hopefully they are due to hatch on a couple of weeks will keep you posted