Clearheaded Fallow Breeding Results

Moderator: Mods

Mark Ross

Clearheaded Fallow Breeding Results

Post by Mark Ross »

I am looking at purchasing my first pair of Clearheaded Fallow's. I am considering a couple of pairs. Can someone give me some help as to what will be the breeding results on :-

Pair One : Turquoise Grey Clearheaded Fallow(c) X Turquoise/Clerarheaded Fallow (h);

Pair Two :Turquoisegrey/Violet Blue/Clearheaded Fallow(c) X Turquoise Clearheaded Fallow (h);

Also, I am looking for a program that will help me to determine what to expect with breedingvarious mutations, rather than go to the trouble of reverting to this web site every time I need help with with possible 'breeding results'.

Thank you.[/i]
Chriskoi

Post by Chriskoi »

Try this site:

http://www.gencalc.com/gen/eng_genc.php?sp=0PsitIR

btw.: The cock of pair two can't be split in violett blue. the violett factor is incomplete dominant. He can only be split in blue. But he is a turqoise grey one and in this case he is blue too. because a visual grey bird is a combination of grey and blue. :)
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Chriskoi,
The cock mark has put up is a PastelGrey masking violet and split for buttercup. at least that's what the breeder says.
Fah

Post by Fah »

As is it, you wont know which turquoise young are double factor or single factor, which when time to selling or breeding with them means you will have to just say (turquoise possible double factor) this is why unless your trying to get a double factor, people generally dont put two turqs together.

Secondly, pair number two's cock sounds like a offshoot that the breeder deffinately wouldnt want to have around.

The violet factor hopefully is not increasing the birds cost, as 1/3rd of the violets are going to be grey.

Any grey with violet is almost wasted genetics, you dont know what greys are normal grey, or violet grey. Effectively, that cock has blue, grey, violet all in one... great if you dont mind guessworking your young.

I take it the cock is proven? ie; older than 3 and bred at least one violet young. Else there is no way you can be certain it really has violet in it.

For sheer quality of pair, from a breeding point of view pair number one is the best there. It gives you a proper field of stock from it. Its young are as below.

6.25% 1.0 grey clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 grey /clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 blue clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 blue /clearhead_fallow
12.5% 1.0 grey turquoise clearhead_fallow
12.5% 1.0 grey turquoise /clearhead_fallow
12.5% 1.0 turquoise blue clearhead_fallow
12.5% 1.0 turquoise blue /clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 grey turquoise(df) clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 grey turquoise(df) /clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 turquoise(df) clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 turquoise(df) /clearhead_fallow

Pair number 2 is just purely messy::::::::

3.125% 1.0 grey clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 grey /clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 blue clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 blue /clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 grey violet clearhead_fallow (cant tell if its violet or not visually)
3.125% 1.0 grey violet /clearhead_fallow (cant tell if its violet or not visually)
3.125% 1.0 violet clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 violet /clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 grey turquoise clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 grey turquoise /clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 turquoise Blue clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 turquoise Blue /clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 grey turquoise violet clearhead_fallow (cant see violet again)
6.25% 1.0 grey turquoise violet /clearhead_fallow (cant see violet again)
6.25% 1.0 turquoise violet clearhead_fallow
6.25% 1.0 turquoise violet /clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 grey turquoise(double factor) clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 grey turquoise(double factor) /clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 turquoise(double factor) Blue clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 turquoise(double factor) Blue /clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 grey turquoise(double factor) violet clearhead_fallow (cant see violet again)
3.125% 1.0 grey turquoise(double factor) violet /clearhead_fallow (cant see violet again)
3.125% 1.0 turquoise(double factor) violet clearhead_fallow
3.125% 1.0 turquoise(double factor) violet /clearhead_fallow
Fah

Post by Fah »

ie; the greys are 50-50 normal... or violet

if you are playing with these genetics or looking to get into them you should realise that i have blotted out "blue" in the genetic listings of % i showed you there