Threio Pics

Moderator: Mods

threio

Threio Pics

Post by threio »

As promised here are a few pics from my first few days with Threio. We start off with me trying to get him into the cage without grabbing him. You will see I am fairly creative in ways to keep from handling him on the first day. I am a fairly big man and I am always concerned about hurting my birds by Grabbing them, and I have a weak spot for the screaming it will take me hours to get over the guilt...LOL

Threio finds the window and we have our first spat and you will see why. While I am writing this its not as bad as it looks, he actually wants to perch on a inside lip of the window and he can only go up another 4 inches from where he is in the photo. I will get a shot in a day of him sitting the the window sill between the screen and the window.

The last one is his new cage which has really had a calming effect on him with its spaciousness. The problem with the old one, 1st pic, the cage wasn't wide enough for him to turn around inside the cage, so, he would always got to the top of the cage when I opened the dormers. (actually was scared inside the old cage)

I mentioned in another post, I wish I would of found this forum earlier, I would have seen all the baby pics and would have know that baby IRNs after weaned are much larger, I was thinking a baby IRN would be the size of a Love Bird.

Anyway enjoy the pics while I check out your post on behavior and training, and peak at some more pics of Threio's kin folk. :)

Bringing Threio Home

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/m ... IRN001.jpg

Threio's 1st Portrait

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/m ... hreio1.jpg

Perching in the Window

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/m ... IRN012.jpg

Our first Fight

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/m ... IRN014.jpg

Threio's New cage

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/m ... IRN016.jpg
threio

Post by threio »

For crying out loud, those mini blinds are disgusting! :oops: Now I got something else to do tonight! :twisted:
mvd12720

Post by mvd12720 »

he is so cute
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

What a cutie :)

That new cage you have threio in is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than that little one. Poor thing must have felt so cramped :(

Threio really seems to like the outdoor view. Maybe you could take him outside (in a cage if the wings are not clipped :)) for a while and let him enjoy the fresh air :)

By the way, the view DOES look lovely :). Where do you live? Is it like acreage or something? It is so green. We are in a severe drought here. Been in drought for about 6 years. :? It did rain part of yesterday and last night....about an inch I think. Need more than that though.

threio wrote:For crying out loud, those mini blinds are disgusting! :oops: Now I got something else to do tonight! :twisted:

Ahhhhh yes, the dreaded housework. lol Ya gotta love it.......NOT!!! lol

8)
Huby

Post by Huby »

Awwww he's so cute!! Huby looked like that when he was a baby!! Love the new cage :wink:
threio

Post by threio »

Threio says thanks for all the nice comments on his attractive profile. :D

I live in Central Pennyslvania, behind my apartment building his several acres of open grasslands, community garden and a little league baseball field surrounded by century old trees. Simply picturesque in the Spring & Fall, miserable winters and summers. The humidity is over bearing!

Threio and I are on the top floor so we get a great view from the windows, however, my only concern is the screen at this point, it doesn't appear he can damage it, but, I am still cautiously optimistic that I can keep him off the screen. The window is the number one toy for him and will give him hours of enjoyment do to the abundance of birds and critters roaming about that he can see on a daily basis.

Winter the window will be shut so I was think of getting some different shower perches and see if one will stick on the windows as an alternative to the screen and that inside ledge he has managed to find. I will be ahead of the game if I can train him now to use the perches insted of the screen!

The cage issue had me up for two nights! He was hanging in the cage to sleep :(

What makes me so mad at myself, is I seen/priced the cage, I should of stopped on my way back with him and just bought the cage the night I brought him home! No el cheapo wanted to bargain shop the next day! (A national holiday---dummy)!

ANyway, Threio loves his new digs, he still getting use to it, a little clumsy, wants to carry peanuts to his perch I guess, can't pin them against the cage, so he drops several a day. Needless to say I am waiting for success and went and bought an extra 5lb bag just to watch him waste a few...LOL

Yeah, I really want to take him outside, UVR, but, what do I do in the winter time after I set the routine? September probably at 70 degrees would scare me Threio would catch a cold? Forget about Oct-Mar, it just to cold.

thanks to all for the comments!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Not sure if you can get them over there, but I have a few "Happy Perches" and they have a suction cup that will stick to tiles, windows etc.
They are flexible and waterproof so can use them in the shower :), and they also have colored bead things inside.

Here is what they look like

They come in 3 different sizes, small (suitable for budgies etc.), med (suitable for cockatiels, rainbows lories, sun conures etc), & large (Ekkies etc.).

8)
threio

Post by threio »

AH, thanks, those are perfect! Just what I need!

I poured rain today, and he waited intently at the top of his cage for it to stop, then, Threio Loves the window:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/m ... IRN019.jpg