Question about female?

Moderator: Mods

Ringneck Addict

Question about female?

Post by Ringneck Addict »

Hello,
I got a new breeding pair this year - so far they have settled in nicely - they are not proven as they are just 2 years as of this year. Anyway - I noticed that my female is constantly pacing back and forth on her perch and she will climb around the cage. When climbing around the cage she will basically climb once around the cage and get back on the perch.

Is there any reason, she is doing this? I took the male out a little while ago as and experiment and she was just hanging out on the perch quietly. I don't know if it had anything to do with the male or just the time of day.

She obviously doesn't do this 24-7, but I have seen her dot it LOTS, anyone know why she would be doing this or what it may mean? Thanks!
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

maybe shes just excited? Spit does the same when hes 'hyper-active'... like a little child running around with a tonne of energy. he runs back and forth on his perch for ages and then will climb up the bars and round back to the perch and do it again and again. He usually does it when he wants attention. hell stop and look at us occasionally and if we make eye contact hell set off running again. She probably wants attention off your male which is why she stopped when you removed him

my opinion anyway :P