like an excited "puppy"

Moderator: Mods

debzx

like an excited "puppy"

Post by debzx »

Is it normal for my bird to react when we first enter the room int eh mornings!!! its like an excited Puppey running around the cage and almost certain "its let me out time!!! i started to open the roof so he climbs up and sits quite happily up there!! is he happy to see me lol
Bella

Post by Bella »

:lol: billy is stuck up the side of the cage as soon as he hears me coming downstairs in the morning and often runs round the cage like a mad bird :lol:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Gigi bird gets covered up at night. As soon as I say "Morning Gigi bird!" and uncover him, he stretches his wings like he just woke up (even though I hear him chittering and walking while still covered). Then he walks over to his closest food dish, looks at it then me as if to say, "Okay Mom, feed me!". This is new though. Before he'd start yelling to be uncovered and would pace until he was fed.
bec

Post by bec »

all of mine do it in one way or another if im still in bed at 9 in the morning general starts with contact calls while marching up an down the perch that he only uses for exiting the cage
when i get to the lounge room riku does the " ive been waiting for hours let me out of here sqwarks if i have the audacity to sit down & have my morning coffee before i let them out kierons spend the time it takes me to get to the cage doing his latest trick :roll: :roll:
he has discovered his incredible talent for immitating car alarms
any wonder i rarely make my cofee before theyre let out of their cage?
inept

Post by inept »

Mine works like this:
1. As soon as he knows I'm up, he's chattering. Soft, English-metered cheeps and occasional contact calls.
2. When I come to him to check his food and water he stretches out his legs and wings, and then poops.
3. If I do not let him out immediately, he starts climbing all over the inside of his cage frantically.
4. When I let him out he makes a mad dash to the top of his cage, going out of his way to avoid my hands because he wants to get on top of his cage ASAP not play with me. Once he's there he checks for treats and if there are none, then plops down on his perch and preens quietly.
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

inept wrote:2. When I come to him to check his food and water he stretches out his legs and wings, and then poops.

heh heh. That made me giggle a bit. :lol:
Rolly

PuppyBird

Post by Rolly »

Yes,debzx...your IRNpup is just too happy to see you.
And associates you with food and liberty.
So don't fail your pup err...bird.