How many clutch per season?

Moderator: Mods

meong

How many clutch per season?

Post by meong »

Can someone tell me, how many clutch per season does IRN produce? If i let my IRN rear their chicks up to the time they comes out of their nest box, Is their a possibilty that they can produce another clutch? Thank you. :P
Jay

Re: How many clutch per season?

Post by Jay »

meong wrote:Can someone tell me, how many clutch per season does IRN produce? If i let my IRN rear their chicks up to the time they comes out of their nest box, Is their a possibilty that they can produce another clutch? Thank you. :P

Not likely.

If you pull their eggs after the last egg of the clutch is laid (to foster under another pair), then they will probably triple clutch.

If you pull chicks when they are about 2 weeks old, then they are likely to double-clutch.
meong

Thanks!

Post by meong »

:P Thank you again. Next time I will try it. Is it true that the hand raised IRN is not good birds for breeding?
Jay

Post by Jay »

I have a hand-raised hen who double clutches every year and is the best mother/foster mother of all my IRNs. She is not as flighty as the rest of them and will let me inspect her eggs/chicks while she is inside the box.

Maybe she is the exception rather than the rule ... but in general, parent-raised birds make better breeders IMHO.
bec

Post by bec »

aaaaaaawwwwww
cutenes overload!!!!!
shes such a proud mumy posing for pics with her little babies