So off topic...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

So off topic...

Post by Mikaela »

I recently, while petting my Kitty realized she somehow got "gotten" and is pregnant. You can actually see and feel the babies so she is pretty far along. I have done some research and learned they are only pregnant a short time, 9 weeks.

When will I know when she is almost due? Will she act a certain way?

When she goes into labor, shouldnt I just let her do her thing unless something goes wrong, then take her to the vet?

Any suggestions/experiences would be nice. Thanks. Again, sorry to be so off topic :oops:
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

I'm not big on cats, but I can say you just let her do her thing unless something is wrong. I can't remember if cats eat the placenta like most dogs do. I bet there's a ton of info online though. 0_o
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

lol :wink: :wink:

You're gunna hate me for this Mikaela, but i am not big on cats either;)

Just not my cup of tea :lol: :lol:

Best Wishes,

Imran Chaudhry
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ok, this is weird lol

I take it bird people arent generally cat people and I am the exception. Very well, I'll take my knocked up Kitty, teenage pregnancy too (so sad) elsewhere for advice. :? :lol:

I'd have a cow if it werent for deed restrictions. Damn home-owner associations! Although, I am the neighbor it was all created for haha. Oh and I would have me a big ol F-350... '79 model just to aggravate them. My ol' man is straight as an :arrow: . I, on the other hand am much like an Irn. 3 yrs old and always into something :twisted:

So :arrow: plus :twisted: = :oops: for him and :D for moi!

He keeps saying they make meds for people like me *shrug* Not finding the compliment there!

Nonetheless, thank you for replying. I dont know anything about pregnant Kittys. I never remember her getting out but my husband said they could be very sneeky when in heat. hehe I know I sure can be. HA!
~ Mikaela Sky

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Just leave her be, supply some dark spaces for her to give birth to her kittens. Most of the time they will do it in a wardrobe or drawer :lol:
If you have a cage you can put her in with some bedding etc and put a towel over the cage so no light can get in, that would be the best option, especially if you don't want baby kittens in the wardrobe
julies

Post by julies »

jeremyis right just let her do her thing one day she will be big and fat next day before u know it she will be skinny and then you will have to follow her to find kittens my cat once had her kittens where my dog sleept we had puppies at that stage to so if u have dogs just be careful as thay can smell blood and all that unlucky were some off my kittens lost 1 saved 3 so before u know it u will have little meows around the house one last thing make sure you feed her a little more it takes alot out of them good luck they r easyer than irn babies no morning feeds hehehe
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

My husband feels she needs pre-natal care :roll:

My Granny had yard cats and she never took them to the vet, as ya'll said, she just let Momma cat be. Seems like a waste of hard earned money, at best they will only be able to tell me how far along she is. I can feel the kittens, four, so she must be at least half way? I have heard that there are always more than you can feel so no telling how many she will have.

She is very young, this had to have been her first heat cycle because that cant be over-looked. We were waiting, as you should, until she had her first heat to do the responsible thing and have her 'fixed'. Suppose I have a fertile Myrtle over here because she is still a kitten herself... about 8 months old.
~ Mikaela Sky

DarinA

kittens

Post by DarinA »

I have had a few litters of kittens, and many litters of puppies. They are pregnant 9 weeks. She will get milk in the last week before she delivers, and will also show weird signs like digging in the carpet, couch etc fluffing it up for a good place to lay down. She will also turn her nose up to any food about 24 hrs before giving birth. Hope this helps.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Awesome! Those were just the answers I was looking for!

Thanks Darin.

You can just last week feel them. Now this week she is actually showing. How far along do you think she is? She is eating soooo much and sleeping when she isnt.
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Good luck Mikaela!
We have two strays that we feed and the one is a female and she had two litters of kittens. The first I have no idea what happened to and the next we found homes for her two kittens and then we got her spayed. We have three indoor cats as well as three indoor dogs and our two birds. Everyone says we live in the Wild Kingdom. But I love my babies! Would be lost without them.

Jen & Byndi
Melika

Post by Melika »

We just never had cats because mother is allergic... no other reason. If I ever have a cat I'll name him Commodore Fluffy Paws. I'm partial to the white with coffee coloured sploches... lol.

not big on cats= knows little

I guess I could have looked up the info in my cat book, lol. It has a few chapters on birthing. Too lazy.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yeah, allergic... thats whay my man said when I brough MsKitty home :roll:

I threw him a box of kleenex and wished him luck. He is so NOT allergic and he loves that cat to death. Loves on her even, so not not like him. That kitty ended up being Daddys girl.

He'll be petting her asking her "which kitty did this to my girl? I'll go kick his butt... my poor kitty' He is quiet upset about the teenage pregnancy thing, he never thought it would be 'his girl' :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Mom is definately allergic. Her mom had a cat and every visit to Grandmother's ended in watery red eyes and a stopped up nose w/ sneezing and coughing for her. Not so fun.

Sadly, she actually loves cats and has always wanted one. I know how I'd feel if I were allergic to dogs or birds. :(
Jade

Post by Jade »

Melika,

Your mum could get one of those bald cats - Devon Rex or something like that. If I was ever going to get a cat (and I don't think I ever will with the dogs and the birds), that's the type I would get because it is so ugly its cute. Just like a newly hatched bird, all wrinkly and pink.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ew, thats what my 17 yr old says he is getting when he leaves home. A bald cat, they are soooooo ugly they are cute.
~ Mikaela Sky

Jade

Post by Jade »

I only just discovered the breed a few years back. Massive ears on a little head and a bald wrinkly body. I'm a sucker for the 'unbeautiful' in the world - Hey, just desribed my husband as well :twisted:

Just joking by the way (in case he ever decides to read this site) :lol: When I'm not wearing contact lenses he looks a bit like Robbie Williams. When I am wearing contacts, nothing at all like him!!
Melika

Post by Melika »

They still lick themselves, letting dry saliva get into the air. I think she's come to deal with not having a cat. She had dogs instead, lol.

She adopted an angora rabbit but turned out she was allergic to it too, lol, so my sister and I had to care for it.

the bald cat is the Sphynx. Devon Rex is an extremely short, tightly cirled coated cat, not bald- if my memory serves right.

*hasn't read cat book in years*
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I havent laughed all day til I read your post Jade... thanks.
~ Mikaela Sky