Look how proud i am!!

Moderator: Mods

Aldeleen

Look how proud i am!!

Post by Aldeleen »

LOOK AT HIS POSTURE!! Pure boasting!
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

is he dna tested cause im pretty positive thtas female behaviour could be wrong though :D
Lene

Post by Lene »

It certainly looks like mating behaviour... Gorgeous bird.
Cheers

Lene
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

He is not dna tested--- but he is a little man-- sure of it! His ring is starting to show! he will be mature in about a year! hehehe but he walks like that when i call him hehehehhe
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Wow! At first I thought. What a man with the struttin around! Then.. he did the head back thing. Thats FEMALE. :shock: Looks like you have a little boy that acts like a girl or vice versa. A manly girl, or girly man? I just can't tell!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

huh??? :shock: i was realy positive that Pi-ko was a male! When i first asked everybodies opinion they said boy and now girl! IM CONFUSED! Pi-ko's got a faint black piece starting at the beak !!! OHHHH IM CONFUSED!! So you really think that is femele behaviour?
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Lauren you say the beak back thing? whats that? is it like when the scrape their beaks on something?
Pi-ko does it all the time-- scrapes the beak and then sings along??? I think Pi-ko is also confused!!! WELL SO IS HIS MOM NOW!!
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Lauren how old is your Yoda? Cos pikkels got a darker ring already than Yoda's and im sure your Yoda is a girly right???
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

In the first half of the vid, he is struttin his stuff like a big manly man of a bird, hehe, then.. when you tickled his belly.. he put his head back... like a girl. Thats a female 'stance'. How very strange. :shock: I think Pi ko is a cunfused birdy. lol.
I guess it just shows you can never be sure until full maturity. Even females can have a slight ring. But Pi kos does look a little darker than Yodas. Yoda is about 14 months old now. Still got another year of waiting. :? I am so stuck on Yoda being a boy though.
Oh my, Pi ko is very interesting! :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep I see it too, at first I thought wow what a beautiful boy struttin with his wings out, then he tilted his head back in the female begging pose. My honest opinion, male, and the head back is in wait of being fed by another bird, as Kai use to do when Jordan would feed him.

But Gosh the behaviour really is a mix. I still rest on a slightly confused little Man.. lol .. Just by his head appearance also.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

My bird is the same way expect he doesnt tilt his head that far back just a little bit. I guess its is a manly girl or girly man like lauren said

I am going to get my grey green dna sexed
-Justin
Sunneva

Post by Sunneva »

Love it when they do this. :lol:
Lene

Post by Lene »

My baby has started tilting his head like that... I thought he had regressed, and was begging for food? He's about 3 months old.
Cheers

Lene
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Ima vote confused man... just like my D :oops: :roll:

Either way you have a BEEEEEEEautiful birdie!!
-Chamon-

Sunneva

Post by Sunneva »

Lene wrote:My baby has started tilting his head like that... I thought he had regressed, and was begging for food? He's about 3 months old.

There is a ringneck in the petstore (which I want) that does that and she is 2 years old female. :)
WasasMum

Post by WasasMum »

My baby does exactly the same thing, one minute he will be trancing his little heart out, and then he decides he wants a bit smooch and puts the head back and starts to cluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wasa has the black markings coming through as well.

I have been trying to guess Wasa's sex since I bought the little green gooba. Girl or Boy doesnt matter, Wasa is just way too cute when the Jingle Bells whistles come out lol