Well.. good year shaping up.

Moderator: Mods

Fah

Well.. good year shaping up.

Post by Fah »

Well, quite a nice year so far... and hopefully it keeps on going.

I have three pairs going this breeding season.

Blue /ino cock with a Creamino hen.
Three of four eggs have hatched, though sadly one passed to unknown reasons. Was their first year and both are only two years old. So going nicely.

Turquoise /ino /cinnamon cock with a Grey Cinnamon (aka silver) hen.
One from four eggs have hatched (was a later clutch than other pairs) this is their second breeding season with me (both five to six years old now).

Blue cock with a Trquoise hen.
Three of four eggs have hatched. This is my first time breeding with the male, the hen only had two eggs last year to another male so its a nice turn around. Both are just on four years old now.

Still a good amount of time for the other eggs to hatch in the upcomming fortnight before I need to get worried.

This year is going to be a big year for hand raised IRN's :D Hopefully I can find them all great human pets :P Especially since there will possibly be such a wide range of colours.

Yay!

Next year I branch into Pallids with a nice Pallid Turquoise cock with an Albino hen... not sure if the albino hen is a blue ino or grey blue ino... as its a 50-50 chance between them. I am hoping it has the grey gene so as to get the following...

Blue PallidIno cock
Grey PallidIno cock
Turquoise PallidIno cock
Grey Turquoise PallidIno cock

Blue Pallid hen
Grey Pallid hen
Turquoise Pallid hen
Grey Turquoise Pallid hen

PallidIno is a cock only genetic combination... basicly just a blue pallid for example with the ino gene. Not a visually ino feature.