Who breed and what mutation do you breed?

Moderator: Mods

giantfoot_truck

Who breed and what mutation do you breed?

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Im curious how you guys ringneck breeding process are going, and what mutation do you breed? green, lutino, albino or something else?

I just hope your breeding process are going well and fine, maybe I someday going to breed them too.

I hope you dont mind telling me, and this thread is also useful for other ringneck lover to know how many people care about ringneck.

Thanks!
julie

Post by julie »

Im hoping to breed lacewings and my hubby wants a blue male to hand raise for himself. I have a green male and an albino female that I will probably breed to get some hand raised pets for all the people that have asked me for them. I love to go outside and sit for hours watching my birds and I love all the different colours that you can get in the irns.
giantfoot_truck

Yes I love it how they have many different mutation.

Good luck on your lacewing breeding!
Jay

Re: Who breed and what mutation do you breed?

Post by Jay »

giantfoot_truck wrote:Im curious how you guys ringneck breeding process are going, and what mutation do you breed? green, lutino, albino or something else?

I just hope your breeding process are going well and fine, maybe I someday going to breed them too.

I hope you dont mind telling me, and this thread is also useful for other ringneck lover to know how many people care about ringneck.

Thanks!

Hey giantfoot, Assalamu Alaikum.

I breed most of the IRN mutations including Violets, Cobalts, Pallids, Cleartails and Slateys. I'm currently working on the even rarer Opaline mutation as my breeder friend across town graciously gave me one of his prized Opaline babies.

Besides learning from other breeders and pet owners, I'm also here to share whatever knowledge I've acquired in IRN husbandry and genetics so if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to help.

IRN breeding is just a hobby of mine. Most of my babies are given away as presents. The rest are sold at ridiculously low prices but I don't mind a bit as I'm into this for the sheer enjoyment of producing fabulous colors. It's an awesome feeling opening a nestbox and witnessing the various colors showing up on the babies.

To take a line out of Forrest Gump, "IRN color breeding is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're going to get". I'm sure you won't regret it if you become a breeder one of these days.
giantfoot_truck

Waalaikum Salaam Depois,

That is a lot of mutation of ringneck you breed, good luck and I hope eveything is going fine and well.