Bobon the pigeon

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

giantfoot_truck

Bobon the pigeon

Post by giantfoot_truck »

9 years ago when I was 7 years old I used to have a pigeon that was hand raised from baby found in our balcony abandoned by her parents, she was very special and I treat her as one of the family member, like how I treat lovy now, I know some of you hate pigeon as they poo a lot and make the surrounding dirty, but bobon is somehow very special, Im always sad whenever I think about her....
We always let her fly free to play with other pigeon and she would come back before sunset, she would only eat and drink from our house and she always come when I call her name; she never play too far, we always open the balcony door so she can enter and sleep inside.

Then we have to go on vacation for 3 month but nobody wait at our house while we are on vacation, we left lots of seed and water on the balcony so she can come back and eat there, but when we are back from vacation, she never come back even when I call her name.. we found the seed and water completely empty. Everyday I tried to find her but no luck..
I was soo sad and angry at my parents for not finding someone to wait at our house, now that Im 16 and I still remember about her....
Im pretty sure she cant survive the wild as she is very tame and she is an indoor raised pigeon who depend food and water from us and consider our house as her home.

I just..cant forget about her, even until now whenever Im out I always look at the stray pigeon to see if that pigeon is bobon, I remember exactly what she look like, but none of them looks like her....

She will always be in my memory.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Thankyou for sharing that. It's sad what happened with bobon, but it is great that you were given an affinity with birds from such a young age. I always try to think this way, and sometime it is hard to do but i try;

"Don't be sad its over, be Glad it happened"

You have some wonderful memories of Bobon and that is a good thing.

**Hugz**
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Loosing Bobon must of been heart breaking at that age. Every bird is precious. Whether its an IRN, Eagle, Seagull, Pelican or even a Pigeon. They are all loved. I'm sure Bobon knew she was well loved.

Think of the happy times you had. I'm sure Bobon enjoyed every minute spent with you.

*hugs*
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Thanks you two.. yes I have to be glad that she is in heaven by now, and I have to stop thinking if she is still around, now that I have a new best friend; lovy.

I just cant stand it when I see all these stray pigeon, I even tried feeding them to see if bobon still around.. but no way.

Thanks again.