omg omg omg ...

Moderator: Mods

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

omg omg omg ...

Post by kyria »

omg omg omg ! :shock:

You know how I put up a post in the photo forum. Three new birds. And it was Happiness with three blue birds on her (like me) well I only have one blue bird (kai).

Well last year when my daughter lost Riki our Kakariki to respiratory disease, I went to a riki forum to talk about it all and the owner there said that when his quakers breed he could give her a baby free of charge, for her loss. But we lost conact and it never eventuated.

Well guess what ? i got this email today
------
Hi Andrea,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner in regard to the Quaker. If you are still interested I am looking for a new home for our breeding pair. They are a blue male and a green split blue hen. Both are good talkers and they have bred for us the past few years/ I have actually sold all of our birds now and would be happy for you to take this pair at no cost if you are interested. Please let me know asap.
-----

That means I would technically have three blue birds (well one green split blue) .. how freaky is that !

I hope I can convince hubby to let me take them .. :D , please pray he lets me.

I am so excited !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

That's great :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

:D Hubby said yes ! :D

<action> Does a Happy Dance !
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Peanut

Post by Peanut »

aww, congrats on your new pair! --->smells excitment in the air!
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

As if your house was not crazy enough!!! Congrats hun, i know they will be very happy with you!
-Chamon-

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww! Congradulations on the new blue bubs!

Glad your hubby said yes! I would be nagging my partner every moment. Thats how I got Yoda. Hehe. :lol: ..evil.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Spoke with Greg and he is arranging to have them freighted Sunday week when we will be in Melbourne.

The male is his pet bird, hand raised and his name is Billy, the female is a parent raised bird and she was simply named Woman, because every time his wife went to tend to them, greg would hear her yelling things like, "get out of it Woman" so Woman she became. Billy talks and Woman has learnt from him. They are 4 yrs old and are a proven breeding pair.

So its just like my kai and mickey, kai being a pet and tame and mickey rather wild (although because of Kai she is getting better every day )

Greg had to get rid of most of his birds, because his business (work) picked up and has him way too busy to breed anymore. He let go of alot of exotics also (sold them) Hahn Macaws, amazons, the lot. Sigh !

He still has one pair of Hahns to breed on, so I might have to ask him about a good price on one :shock: Oh god what am I saying ! MBS go away.

Can't wait to handraise some quaker babies, going to be so cool.

Can't wait to post pics of the pair :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

TropicalAussie

Post by TropicalAussie »

Oh, I am so jealous!!! I wish I could find the variety of birds up here as you do down there. (I live in Darwin)
And on top of it all, you got given them!!
They sound gorgeous though, can't wait to see the pics
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Jumping the gun a bit but after some thought I am going to rename the female from Woman to Bell. After Billy Grahams wife, Ruth Bell Graham. Billy Graham is an evangilist Christian and my great grandma and I adore him when he speaks at Christian events. He is old now and his son Franklin has taken his place as a great Christian speaker, some call them Prophets of God. So .. The pair will be Bill and Bell and the first born male of the babies of course I will call Franky (franklin) after their son, and it will be kept as our handraised pet.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

You KNOW that MBS doesn't go away...... Many congrats on your new birds!!
MCS
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Wow, congrats! Please post photos! :)

Best Wishes,

Imran Chaudhry