life span

Moderator: Mods

eve

life span

Post by eve »

hi my name is eve l live in australia.
l had a male and female irn untill today when the female died, aged appoximaty 10 years old,
the male is realy looking hard and calling out for her, they have shared a home together for 10 years, how long is a normal life span for irn ?
Eve[list][/list][/b]
Mikaela

Life span...

Post by Mikaela »

The average life span is 30 plus years. I am very sorry for your loss.
Angelface

Post by Angelface »

that was a very short life for that IRN...did they find out why the bird has passed on?? sorry to hear about the loss of the bird :( it's always hard to loose a pet
eve

irn life span

Post by eve »

eve again , hi thank you for your reply , l don't know why she died , now l am concerned about her mate who has spent the last couple of days looking for her and calling her, its been a very sad time for my irn and myself, now should l wait abit and get him a new mate or will he be ok alone , l am worried that he will reject a new mate after so long with the other ?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Excuse the bump but this seems like a timely topic for her birds sake. He is missing his mate that just passed.

I can't answer your questions, I am a new Mommie. I know someone will soon though.
~ Mikaela Sky

littlequail

Post by littlequail »

All you can so is try to introduce a new mate . You never know if they will bond or not . But it is worth the try gl sorry about your lost. I recently lost my 1 yr old female. She decided to go out to play with my boy one day so i feel your lost.
eve

Post by eve »

Hi , Eve again, well because l don't know the age of my original irn ( he just flew in the back door one day looking for a feed) l was a bit worried about getting him a new mate, so l got him a more homely cage rather than in the very large aviary down the back garden all by him self he now spends his days on the back veranda very happy with my company l put the cage in the laundry for protection at night. he has stopped looking for his mate and thankfully seems happy again , thank you all for your help and kind words, its so sad to lose a pet.