My IRN!!!

Moderator: Mods

madmax75

My IRN!!!

Post by madmax75 »

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/note4me/a ... DBZJ21gJpN

Enjoy watching my IRN. I would pleased if anybody can tell me if its a male or female and How old it is?
Greg Sujecki

Post by Greg Sujecki »

Hi,looked had a your photo's and it was a pleasure for you to show me,just wondering where is it's tail feathers, :?
Greg, Mylo and the flock!
Libby_D

Post by Libby_D »

very cute.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Very cute! I love the eyes! :wink: It looks like a young male....

The eyes are cool! :wink:
madmax75

Post by madmax75 »

when I got this guy his tails feathers were broken I have no clue what to do about this...Please do offer some help....
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

I know how frustrating it can be. Just wait for your parrot to molt and the new tail feathers will regrow.

Your baby ringneck looks around 5 months of age. So, the first molt should come soon. :wink:

Best wishes,

Imran Chaudhry
madmax75

Eating habits

Post by madmax75 »

This guy seems to love cornflakes I use it for his training treat. But otherwise what do I feed him with he eats banans. He loves sunflower seeds too, but he doesn't like to eat paddy or tomatoes...He hates green chilles and he has not had water at all...I have not seen him touch water even for once if I leave water in his cage he would have not touched it at all...is that okay? I have tried to leave a tub of water for him to have bath and he doesn't even go near it...Why is it so??? Please help!!!
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

he probably does drink just not when your with him. My IRN has taken his first bath today. I had to spray him with a little bit of water which cot him in the mood when I put him in front of his bathing bowl. I tried to get some pictures but alas I was to slow.

Imy (ringneck) where are you from? If u don’t mind me asking that is.
selma

Post by selma »

hi madmax. your birdie is too cute. i guess we're in the same boat. we don't know if our bird is a boy or a girl and we dont know the age either. hopefully someone on the boards will be ble to help us. Meanwhile enjoy your bird.
Melika

Post by Melika »

If he's not drinking water the best clue is the droppings. If they're wet, he's drinking his water. My bird won't drink a lot when I give him veggies, since they're high in water. :)

Tomatoes are a little acidic for parrots so it's best not to feed anything tomato. And my Hane doesn't like hot peppers but loves bell peppers. So maybe try some bells?

You can feed a little bit of spinach (I feed half a leaf of baby spinach), carrots, zucchini, squash, cucumber, celery, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, corn, peas, sweet/snow/string peas or beans.

a little slice of apple (no apple seeds), grapes halved (grape seeds are high in anti-oxidents, good for birds), raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, mango, cantalope, honeydew.

Fresh is best, but thawed from frozen is okay.

Avacado, caffeine, chocolate, and coffee are deadly.

Instead of a lot of one thing, our parrots seem to like variety. I'll choose about three or four different veggies and chop them in the beginning of the week then refrigerate. Fruit should be chopped fresh. And I don't feed fruits and veggies in the same dish. If veggies go on the kabob, fruit goes in the dish and vice versa.

I have a dish always with Zupreem pellets (Exact is good too) in the cage. But Hane loves his veggies more. :wink:

Have fun with all your choices. :)