Feather Tether

Moderator: Mods

MonknSharona

Feather Tether

Post by MonknSharona »

I wanted to see if any folks here use a feather tether for their IRN and how easy it was to get on? We have Posey, our IRN, but haven't attempted to use one with her but would like for all of our birds to get out and about.

We do have a SI Eclecuts and have been trying to get one on her for about six months or so and are giving up. :) We've gotten no where. Actually, if anyone has a bird of similar size to the SI Ekkie, we'd are putting the tether up for sale for $10, as we do not have the package anymore. It would be the harness and leash.

We are probably going to look into getting the flight suit for Ruby the ekkie, instead, so we may try that with Posey as well. Paisley, the tiel, will probably not accept either one. :)
Angelface

Post by Angelface »

nobody replied to this thread here!
I used a feather teather for my IRN, and it was HORRIBLE to get on!! he acted like he was dying! and when I finally did have it on, he just laid on the floor and held really still! no matter what I did would he move!! so we stopped using it and returned it to the store! he doesn't really need it since we dont go outside with him, and he won't stray from your shoulder when we're in stores or out on demos!
I hope you had success in finding a leash/harness for your birds!
zoe

Post by zoe »

i tried once a week for a little while but myIRN hated it he would literally fall over trying to bite it off!so i gave up i felt like it was'nt worth the stress for him.i would love to take him out side but its not to be alas!
:roll:
Angelface

Post by Angelface »

too bad they couldn't have jesses on haha it would be so much less stressful!! wonder if they could...maybe their legs are too small though!
I think you have to start them with the feather teathers when they are very very young!
zoe

Post by zoe »

whats a jesses????? :oops:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

These birds have us so trained it isnt even funny..... well lol actually it is.
~ Mikaela Sky

Angelface

Post by Angelface »

it's for birds who are used for falconry...it's a short strap that's secured around the leg of the bird so that a leash can be attached :)