Riley is home - Meet my baby CAG!

Moderator: Mods

Lisa's Tiki

Riley is home - Meet my baby CAG!

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Hi all, It's been awhile since I've had a chance to be online, but I am back with my new addition!

I went and picked up Riley on Saturday and she is doing great! She is 22 weeks old as of this past Friday and she is still on two feedings a day, and she eats like a little piggy the rest of time! LOL She is VERY stubborn and only steps up when SHE feels like it. She will scream at me like crazy when I try and make her step up and then she will clamp down on the cage with her beak and will NOT let go! I handfeed her on the shower perch, because it is REALLY messy and I wait for her to poop and I just hose it all down the drain and then in the morning with her morning feeding, she also gets a shower as well and this morning I joined her - not for a feeding but a shower! LOL The other night after her feeding, I sat on the couch with her on my lap (sitting on the towel of course, too keep those baby feeding poops -yuck! - off of me! LOL) and she just sat there and let me and my daughter just give her all kinds of scritches. My daughter must have found the magic spot, because Riley would just get this "I'm so relaxed look" on her face and start closing her eyes - it was really cute. Also, I have to put her in her travel cage to sleep, because she kept climbing to the top of the cage and sitting on the swing and falling off once she was asleep and it's a long drop! I have purchased a corner perch off Ebay, it looks like one of those corner plant stands for your patio railing, so hopefully she will be able to keep her balance on that. Also this morning it was very cute watching her eat, instead of picking the pellets up in her beak and then transferring it to her foot, she skips step 1 and just reaches into her bowl with her foot and picks out what she wants. Okay enough babbling on and on about my new baby, here are some pics of her.

“Look at all my cool floor toys, Mommy has for me!”

“This is me sitting on my patio with the human child standing next to my house. Sorry the photo is kind of dark”:

“Here I am climbing out onto my patio.”

“I KNOW I am a pretty bird, there is no denying that!”

“Here I am posing for Mommy, because she just would not stop taking those darn pictures!”

“This is how I let Mommy know I want some formula! I don’t make any noise, I just open my beak REALLLLLY wide.”
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

I love her!!! Is that a stainless steel cage? :shock: I want!!!!

I am so jealous Lisa! Shes beautiful and I know shes going to have a great life with you!!!!
-Chamon-

Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Yep, that's a stainless steel cage. I got a really good deal on it too. The retail price was listed as $1600, but this one site sells them for $900, but I had signed up to receive email coupons and they sent me a "flyer" for this cage for $170 off. In the same email they also had listed a free playstand with orders over $500. When I instant chatted with them, they told me it was one offer per order, I forgot to sign off on the instant chat, so I guess they thought I was still considering what coupon to use and they told me if I ordered then they would include the free playstand as well with the $170 off coupon, so I took them up on it! :D The playstand is really nice too, I haven't had a chance to put it together, but they normally sell it for $140! So granted I spent $730 but I think I got a heck of a deal! Plus with a stainless steel cage, I won't have to worry about the cage rusting. The cage I bought for Tiki started to rust on the grate in a year! I will no longer buy wrought iron cages off the internet that's for sure! But now with stainless steel I don't think I will need to worry about any future cage buys, because since Tiki's cage started to rust, I just went ahead and bought him a stainless steel cage as well. Not as big as Riley's but still a big cage for an IRN.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

:shock: :shock: ALL THAT FOR $730!!! :shock: :shock: Thats a bargain and a half!!!!!
-Chamon-

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Gawd what a cute little baby...and I ADORE that house she is in...man what a steal for that price.

Dani
Bird crazy

Riley

Post by Bird crazy »

What a beautiful baby. How's Tiki adjusting to the addition?
I just love that red tail and the expressions on that face.
But my favorite is the one with the beak wide open, come on Mom feed
me NOW.

Great cage at a great price, and looks like he's already working on how to get around it.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

OMG I love him! Baby's future-fuuuuuuture avian sibling is going to be a cag :D
TimanLeno

hmm

Post by TimanLeno »

What site? Can U pm it to me?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Im too jealous to speak. :cry:

*rolls her eyes at Lisa*

Awww come 'er girl! I'll get over it. Gimme dat bird. *beak kissy*

Precious! And where da hell you been?
~ Mikaela Sky

Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Sorry Mik, Riley's all mine! :D She is just too sweet and it is really fun hand feeding her in the morning and evening, because this has made her even more sweet towards me. She was cooing at me like crazy this morning - it was so cute! She HATES to step up, but she will not bite if I just pick her up off her cage, well I should say pry her off her cage, so I am amazed that she doesn't try to bite me while I am trying to get her feet to let go and her beak! :lol: :lol:

Sorry I haven't been around in a long time! We had a girl transfer out of our dept. at work, so I had to pick up the slack for over a month, then they hired someone else and I had to train her for a month, THEN, I have been training for a different position, but within the same dept., so I have been working, working, working and then working some more! :)

Tiki does not care for Riley at all! With Tinkerbell (cockatiel), he is the big bully, because he is bigger, however when I introduced him to Riley it was a different story all together! I had Tiki on a dowel hand perch and he was sitting on the far end away from me. I held him up next to Riley and Tiki took one look, ran down the perch, up my arm and hid behind my back! :lol: :lol: :lol: It is VERY obvious too that Tiki is jealous of Riley, they both get quality time, however Riley gets more so she can get used to living with us and when we are playing with Riley on the floor, Tiki will be over on his cage saying "Who's a good birdie?, Tiki Tiki, I Love You, Peek-a-Boo", etc. etc. etc. I have tried to get him to come down and play with us, but NO WAY, not with that big bird down there too! I'm sure eventually he will come around.

Okay, well I have got to get back to work. I will be back soon, I promise!

Lisa, Tiki, Tinkerbell and Riley!
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Riley is darling! Congrats Lisa! Keep the photos coming and give us some video too!! We want to watch Riley grow up!

Hugs,
Jen
Bird crazy

Tiki

Post by Bird crazy »

Is there video of Tiki talking?
I'd like to see and hear that too.
Too cute to be verbally jealous like that.

Hope they get to be good friends.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

I have video of Tiki talking, but I will have to record some new stuff, because what I have is old. Of course when I get the camera out he clams up quick, so it's not easy to film! :lol: