I would like to introduce you all to my new baby.

Moderator: Mods

Ayuen

I would like to introduce you all to my new baby.

Post by Ayuen »

Well, as the topic goes, i would like to introduce you all to my new baby. KIRBY

I have had him for a month, and i am sorry that i didn't introduce him earlier, but during the last month we have had some trying times.

Anywho. Kirby is 11 months old and i have had him for a month today. He is a blue indian ringneck and every morning without fail he will do his little boy birdy dance.

He was parent raised, and had no human contact for the first 10 months of his life, although you wouldn't know that now ^_^.

In the first week, he was stepping up.
In the second week , we were giving him scratchies.
In the third week, he was giving me birdie kisses.
and currently he is sitting on my head, preening himself.

and while he isn't as tame as some of the birds on the forum, he is well on the way to becomming a lovely pet.

Um what else.
Unfortunately when we got him, all he was fed was seed, so we are introducing him to all the wonders of the fruits and vegies, with some success >_<

I can't find pellets anywhere, so if some one in queensland or northern nsw would be able to point me to somewhere that sells them for less than $18 a kilo (what my local vet wants :roll: ) i would be rather pleased.

I am so happy with my little birdie, and while i do have the scars from training all over my hands and arms, its only a little sacrifice compared to the love and joy that Kirby has brought into my life.

Ayuen

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

You have a very handsome bird! More pics please :D

Dani
carrie

Post by carrie »

Ayuen - I live in Brissy and shop online at vetproductsdirect.com.au. They have a good range of pellets and treats - some are a bit expensive but others are cheaper. They change their range quite often so there's always something new. See what you think anyway.

Carrie
carrie

Post by carrie »

p.s. Your little one is just GORGEOUS!!!
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Hello and welcome,
Your Kirby is GORGEOUS! My best friend Jade lives in Queensland. I think she has problems finding pellets too. Bummer! I'd send you some but the last time I tried to send some bird food to Jade customs took it. Even tho' it was pre-packaged and clearly marked bird food. So... Glad to hear you're making progress with your little one! I've had my Byndi for 8 months now and haven't made that kind of progress and she was supposedly hand raised and tame. RIGHT! Anyway welcome aboard!

Hugs,
Jen
o2onfire

Post by o2onfire »

LOVE that picture!
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

:lol: wut a HANDSOME feller :D thanx for sharing!!

luv,

Wren 8)
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Wren... I love your avatar. Very cool.

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Pretty bird! Wanna cracker! *kissy on the beak*

mmmmm so warm, thats my favorite birdie part! Theie warm smooth beak -giggle-
~ Mikaela Sky

CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

:D thanx, Dani ... i just couldn't bring myself to take Gina off of my avvie :cry: & this is one of my fave pix of her :)

Mik, i LUV that warm beak thang, too ... i wish that Willie would settle down enuff to give some luvin', but i just don't see it happening ... Max gives BIG HUGGLES & KISSES, tho, so it helps to ease the pining in my heart for Gina. :cry: gone, but absolutely NOT forgotten!! :)

huggles,

Wren 8)
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Thanks ok Wren you've got a 'too now...that's all the loving you can handle girl! Those things are velcro birds...

Dani
venus

Post by venus »

handsome mutha.
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

Dani03 wrote:Thanks ok Wren you've got a 'too now...that's all the loving you can handle girl! Those things are velcro birds...

Dani

:mrgreen: no kidding, Dani ... i read up on them before i went to get her & man, everything is true ... she already bit Johnny this afternoon, tho!! :o it wuz after i'd taken a nap & she wanted MOMMY ... PERIOD!! i wuzn't quite awake & asked Johnny to hold her cuz i could see that she wanted some attention ... well, she wuzn't having any of that!! she wouldn't settle down 'til i took her & then she just snuggled & kissed & chattered ... wut a rotten bird she is! that's ok, tho ... i'm already in love with her. :lol:

huggles,

Wren 8)
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

Hi and welcome to the board! Such a sweet lillte birdie! Love the pic. More please??
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

awww he's posing for us :)
~the stubborn one~
hodad66

Post by hodad66 »

What a cute lil fella.... :)
Ayuen

Post by Ayuen »

:D I will take more piccies tomorrow, Since that photo, my camera has broken. (its now fixed though)

Jen, the reason why they would have taken the bird food, is that you can't import food stuffs or plant stuffs into australia. We have some of the strictest quarantine laws in the world, because we don't have many of the pests or germs that can be found in other parts of the world.

Unfortunately that means that we have nearly nothing when it comes to the amazing variety of things that are avaliable, say in the states.
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Good boy Kirby!!!
What a love and so smart too.
So I've read about the female behavior. What exactly does he do when he does his male dance? A discription please.

Thanks
Sue
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

what a handsome birdie :D I love the blues :D:D they are so gorgeus so please post more pics :D
Ayuen

Post by Ayuen »

Hi sue, he actually dances exactly like Jordan does in the following video from Kyria.

http://dropshots.com/day.php?userid=46925&cdate=20060531
Bird crazy

Male dancing behavior

Post by Bird crazy »

Thanks that was too cool.
My Nila was DNA sexed a male. But he does the female thing or maybe it's just a baby thing. He's 4 monts old. But he squats down, puts his head back and flashes his pupils and makes little clucking noises and I can touch him anywhere when he's doing this.
What do you think. I am almost inclined to believe the lab made a mistake on the dna test. Anyway doesn't really matter male or female just wanted to be able to say good boy or good girl and know for sure I would not find out the opposite in 2 yrs. (I am easily confused, :? )
Thanks again
Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat