Story of Rainbow Bridge

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

jobo2mi

Story of Rainbow Bridge

Post by jobo2mi »

The Rainbow Bridge

She opened her eyes ... as if she woke from a dream. All around her were the sights and sounds of the most beautiful place she had ever seen. A tropical paradise, with lush green foliage and trees of every kind, stretching as far as she could see towards the most beautiful blue sky she had ever seen. A short distance away, she could hear the sound of a waterfall, and found herself feeling very thirsty. Without thinking, she stretched her wings and with a short hop, flew up into the sky, towards the waterfall.

She landed at the base of the waterfall, on a stone perfectly placed in the calmest part of the small pond that formed there, to take a drink. Looking down into the water, she saw her reflection for the first time since awaking. Amazed, she gazed at the beautiful bird looking back at her ... hardly believing what she saw! She had all her feathers, and her plumage was glossy and bright, not at all dull and plucked like she remembered! She was confused and happy at the same time!

She dipped her beak into the fresh, cool water, enjoying the sights and sounds of the beautiful oasis. Suddenly, she could hear the sounds of a powerful, large bird, coming towards her. The magnificent red, blue and yellow bird, the largest she had ever seen, landed gently, a short distance away. She looked at the beautiful bird, and asked, "Who are you?"

"I'm Dante, the Scarlet Macaw", replied the magnificent bird.

"Where am I, Dante?" asked the little green and black bird.

"You are at the entrance to the Rainbow Bridge, Nina." replied Dante.

"What am I doing here? And why am I so beautiful?"

"Waiting" replied Dante. "We all come here to wait, all of us of the animal world, who have lived amongst the humans. We wait until our companions come to claim us, to take us up into heaven. You are beautiful, because this is how you have always looked inside." said Dante.

Just then, off in the distance, a beautiful rainbow appeared in the sky. "Come on, Nina! I'll show you!" and with a powerful thrust of his strong, beautiful wings, Dante arose into the sky. Nina opened her beautiful wings, marveling at the sheen and luster, and took off after Dante. They flew for a short while, enjoying the rise and fall of the warm air currents beneath their wings, until the came to a large meadow bordering on a long, meandering stream.

In the center of the meadow a bridge appeared, made out of light, and shining with every color of the rainbow. Dante and Nina found a tree to land on in the meadow so they could watch what was going on. All around them animals of every type and species had gathered to watch the miracle unfold. Over the bridge, they could see the most beautiful thing, an angel almost, crossing the bridge towards the meadow. In the meadow a strange assortment of animals had gathered at the foot of the bridge. They were all so excited! Nina could see cats, dogs, mice, even a horse! "What are those animals doing?" asked Nina.

"They are meeting their human companion. That is her coming over the bridge now!" replied Dante.

Nina watched as the shining being crossed over the bridge. When the being crossed to the animals, the animals rejoiced! The cats jumped up into the arms of the being, and the dogs ran circles around her legs, barking and yipping, the mice scurried up the being and dove into a pocket to peek out at everyone else, the horse nuzzled the being and whinnied, everyone was so happy! As the being and the animals crossed back over the bridge, the animals turned and said "Farewell, see you on the other side soon!"

Nina turned to Dante, and asked, "I wasn't with my companion for very long, will she come for me?"

Dante replied, "Don't worry, Nina. When you are loved, your human will come for you. Heaven just would not be heaven to them, without us to keep them company!"

"How long will I have to wait?"

"Not long, Nina, not long!" And with that, Dante beat his powerful wings, and rose up into the sky.

"See you around, Dante!" Nina yelled.

Just then, hundreds of parrots, all of her own species flew from the distance and approached the tree that Nina was perched on. "Come on, Nina!" they cried. "Come and wait with us! You will be called when it is your time to cross!" and with that, Nina was up in the sky, joining the flock, safe in the knowledge that soon, she would soon be with her beloved companion in heaven.

Just this side of heaven, is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies, it goes to Rainbow Bridge.

At Rainbow Bridge, there are meadows and hills and beautiful trees of all kinds where all our special friends can fly and climb, hang and flap, hop and run, jump and play, squawk and squeal and sing together.

There is plenty of good food, including grapes and peanuts, ice cream, cheese, spaghetti, and especially, lots of pizza.

There is crystal clear water in brooks and springs are filled with water as well as every kind of delicious fresh fruit juice.

One warm spring even runs full of coffee and they can now drink their fill without hearing a single "no no".

There is lots of glorious sunshine and sweet warm rain when they want it.

Our friends are warm and comfortable and totally at peace.

All animals who had been ill or old, are restored to health and vigor and to their natural incredible beauty.

Their fur and feathers shine, their limbs and wing feathers are whole and their eyes gleam once again with vitality.

Those who were hurt or maimed or ignored or broken-hearted, are made whole and strong and free of fear, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by.

The animals are happy and content ... except for one thing ... they each miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind.

Still they jump, swim, fly and play happily, safely and noisily together ... even the grouchiest, spunkiest, largest, smallest, least and greatest animals. All are so happy that they're all flashing their best Sunday colors and coats.

But the day comes for each animal when he suddenly stops and looks far into the distance. His body freezes and his bright eyes are intent as he watches and listens in silence. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, streaking over the green grass, his legs churning harder and harder. You have been spotted and he shrieks to you, then calls your name and his own and cries again and again as he rushes toward you.

When you and your pet finally meet, you cling to each other in joyous reunion, knowing you will never again, be parted. Your face, your fingers, even your toes are covered with nibbles and soft ecstatic kisses.

Your hair is preened by that special beak and a head bends under your fingers to invite your touch. Your hands again find their way under beloved wings, to caress the downy softness beneath, and you ruffle the fur you haven’t touched in so long.

You look once more into the trusting eyes of your companion ... so long gone from your physical life on earth but never, for an instant, absent from your heart.

Your tears of joy are gently brushed away by those beloved paws and wings ... and feeling immersed once more in total contentment and love, you and your beloved companion cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

Joanne

and the fids -
Parakeets - Emma (RIP Bonnie & Clyde)
Tiels - Rosie, Howie
QP - Isis
Sun Conure - Precious
IRN - Nala
Caique - Timber
and the cat - BK
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thankyou so much for posting this! This really is a beautiful place. It brought a tear to my eye. :cry:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

it wasnt just one tear for me !!!!!
im crying bucket loads
R2bbit

Re: Story of Rainbow Bridge

Post by R2bbit »

This is simply beautiful..
333greenbean333

Post by 333greenbean333 »

wow, thats amazing! it a very twisting story. loved it all.
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))
bradjacobs

Post by bradjacobs »

HI
this story touched mine heart it was amazing
i have posted a story pl read it
Rainbow Bridge
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
bradjacobs
Sports supplements, just like the name suggests, are products used by athletes (even professional ones in many cases) that need a boost in performance in order to benefit fully from the training periods Force Factor Reviews
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Beautiful..
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

Wow! A simply great and wonderful story! :cry: I'm still crying for my baby that I have lost a day before my birthday. A day never to forget.
Itsy123

Post by Itsy123 »

very very sad but happy story the day I pass away I will come to claim many animals........I have alot and I love them all
]Animals are meant to be free, but the human race is constantly at battle trying to keep them contained. We are all animal abusers.
TiffandKari

Post by TiffandKari »

What a beautiful story. My Jasper will be there waiting for me, looking as beautiful as ever <3
Tiff and Kari

_Lady_Flame_

Post by _Lady_Flame_ »

Beautiful....it makes it a little bit easier for at least a few minutes....
view my gallery of drawings and photographs on deviantart http://purebloodrose.deviantart.com/

_Lady_Flame_

Post by _Lady_Flame_ »

Beautiful....it makes it a little bit easier for at least a few minutes....
view my gallery of drawings and photographs on deviantart http://purebloodrose.deviantart.com/

Sheils

Post by Sheils »

So amazing, sitting at work in my office with tears running down my face. This story brings back memories of all my loved ones. Molly,Laura,Yogi, Happy, Giggles and Smiley. They are all waiting for me at the top of the waterfall. :cry: