1or 2 IRN"S

Moderator: Mods

Gail

1or 2 IRN"S

Post by Gail »

Hi
I have a baby grey Irn female ...And are family just love this little bird ..We wanted to get a blue but fell in love this the grey..we would love to bring another one into are family..So that brings me to the questions should we get male or female ?? And will are grey Irn still stay loving .she just loves to be petted ..I do understand they don't bond ..but would one expect change in her ..She does have a mind of her own and everything is hers lol..they will both have a cage to them selves.so any help would be great thanks Gail
you have a great site and keep it coming
kingtutone

Great Idea

Post by kingtutone »

Keeping two Indian Ringnecks in the same house should not be a problem, provided you supply each bird with its own space. You were right on the money with your statement, “they will both have a cage to them selves.” Remember although IRNs are social, they tend to be individuals by nature. They love to be in the company of flock members, family & other parrots, yet they also enjoy their own personal space.

If you have the means to get another Indian Ringneck then go for it! They truly are captivating parrots and I am sure your family would enjoy it. Just keep in mind, when introducing the new Ringneck, make sure the cages are side by side, for about a week, and the birds don’t have physical contact. It’s always better if you allow the parrots to see each other before letting them play together. This helps to prevent any biting during their first “Meet & greet.”

Hope this helps. Also you might want to quarantine the new bird before you allow any interactions. Keep the bird in a separate room until you’re sure everything has check out by the a vet and the bird is acting & functioning healthy.

Thanks for your kind comments. I really hope this site can bloom into something that all Indian Ringneck owners can enjoy. Thank you for your contribution. It’s greatly appreciated! :wink:

Best wishes,

Imran Chaudhry