I love my Rats !

Moderator: Mods

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

I love my Rats !

Post by kyria »

This is a pic of Dante on the left and Luka right, they are brothers. I adore male rats, most loveable personality filled creatures ever.

This is Luka meeting Jordan

Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Ooo Angie I love those pics! They remind me of two i had for a while when I was growing up. Talk about awesome pets. They have great personalities and mine never ever bite me or anyone else (Not like the evil little hamster we once had)

Dani and Prinny
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

nope.. we use to breed rats a while back. I got to missing them so much that I couldn't resist these two. None of ours Bit ever! They don't when they are loved. No reason to .. so gentle and loving, cuddly and inquisitive.

We took in an adoption from a family, whose boy had mistreated the poor thing, male, big male. He was that angry, we called him bratty. We could never handle him, Jim was the only one that would because he just bit out of pure fear of humans. I think once a rat has it in his head humans are mean, you can't ever really change that. We tried though. But he lived out a great life with us.

Rats only live around 3 years. :cry:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Awww kissy rats.. My friend had a rat, was all brown. It was awesome

OOH the activity shirt !!! Looks like fun!
How are they liking it?
natalie

I love em

Post by natalie »

Dane and Luka are a pair of cuties. I love rats but hubby dont. I've wanted one for ages.
Your activity shirt is gr8 by the way, im so onto that. :) nataliexxxx
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

We had a "free range" rat for years. Jr lived to be about 5, he was very old and wobbly at that point, but for the first 3 years of his life he just cruised the house. No cage could hold him, and we just got used to it. The cats and dogs did too.

I'll never forget waking up in the middle of the night and having to say "Jr, get offa my head!"... ;) he was very sweet.

In his dotage he stopped opening cages and became a breeder, so he spent the end of his life having sex for a living. He really was a happy rat, and always sweet as honey.

Athena
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Angie,
They're adorable! I had a rat once too. She was awesome. People just have to get past the tail and the stigma and realize what cool pets they are. I've got a friend who is a preschool teacher and she's got two baby rats, Honey and Jinx-and she takes them to her class everyday. So those little ones will grow up not being afraid of rats.

Love the activity shirt too. How clever of you. I should do that and maybe Byndi will stop shredding my shirts.

Hugs,
Jen
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Hehe .. the activity shirt twas a Neo original idea :D she suggested it to us all in the chat room the other night .. and I am still adding stuff.

I had to stop sewing and making coz jordan was way too excited and would leave the buttons and beads alone. so put it on and let him go for it. HE LOVES IT. keeps him off my hair and earings.. lol .. Kai is a little timid with it.. but then he always is with new things, that won't be for long. :D

Gonna keep looking for new stuff .. Thanks for the wondeful idea Neo

Athena I would love to have my rats freerange, but hubby would go nuts. Besides, he loves his birds so much, he just wouldn't allow anything to interfere with their space or freedom.. lol

I can't believe how my husband has become so attached to our birds, all of them. He is shocked at himself too. He said to me.. you know when you first got Kai I was so not happy about the bird idea and kai scared me, but you taught me how to handle him and now I adore them all!

He really wants an ekkie and we argue about who is going to be the favorite. lol. He has pretty tried to steel my Kai away. Kai adores both of us. But jim showers him in treats when I am not looking, the husk evidence is all around his lounge chair and they both sit there looking all innocently guilty at me. LOL .. I really don't care. My family and my fids all love each other very much and thats all that counts to me :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless