hi this is Paulie Image
Caruso

Post by Caruso »

She looks GREAT Zero. :D keep up the good work :wink:
My Baby :)
natalie

beautiful

Post by natalie »

Hey paulie welcome little bird and hi to mum or dad too, gr8 pic.
of course u know that once us lot know that u know how to post pics we are never gona stop naggin for more,lol so keep em coming. natalie xx :lol:
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
zero_or_die

Post by zero_or_die »

thnx if i wanna keep posting more pics i gotta ask my friend for his camera i wish i could get a pic of paulie and me together but she's a bitter
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Yeah there is lots of stuff on biting buried in posts somewhere. It IS worth working with your bird and things can get better if you put alot of effort in and take some bites. Both mikaela and Jen had viscious babies but overcame their problems
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Hey,
Paulie is beautiful! How long have you had him/her?? Did you get him/her as a young bird or older?? I got my Byndi older and he wasn't very nice. We're working on it and SLOWLY he's coming around. Talk about a biter! Youch! I've been bitten more times than I care to remember. But he's slowly coming around and wanting attention. Still won't sit on my hand but he will step up now and he'll hang on my shoulder for hours. So we're getting there. My goal is by this time next year I'll have a lover and not a biter. I'm going to go slow. Tired of being bitten. :shock: Anyway, welcome to the board and post often! There are LOTS of knowledgeable people on here who have helped us out many times.

Hugs,
Jen
zero_or_die

Post by zero_or_die »

thnx iv been here since last year but shes a bitter and iv had her since last year i tried to clicker train her but didnt come out and every time i get close to her cage she has apanick attack
natalie

Hello again

Post by natalie »

Hello again, ive had my irn for 5 months now and he was a biter,hisser, killer! panicky bird, but he is much calmer now, although still wants to bite u but not kill! I noticed almost straight away that marley did not like me stareing at him straight in the eye, also i learnt he was beter if i stood side on to the cage so as not to appear so big, also i would plonk myself on a stool in the same room as him and gradualy move the stool closer. Then i would jus sit and chat to him, in a calm soothing voice, closein my eyes to show him i was relax [ many times i nearly nodded off] repeating some phrases like, whos a beautiful little baby boy, oh yes u r. You know the usual , ur friends and family might think ur a complete nut. But dont worry after a while when they see your results they will agree how wonderfly patient u r, cos boy ar you gona be when u done, lol. Please dont be put off if it slow, sometimes marley acts as if we are strangers, not even taking millet from my hands ,it makes me feel so deflated but i never show this to marley, i just try again a little bit later. Anyway good luck, and come back for any more help that u need. Natalie xx :)
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

aww what a sweetie!
~the stubborn one~
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Glad you posted and joined the chat :D nice pic.

If you haven;t already, please spend some time doing a search using the search button above, using words like, biter, biting, taming etc. to find info (as neo said) buried in the archives of this site. It will be well worth it.

Cheers ! good luck
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless