2 month old

Moderator: Mods

serephent

2 month old

Post by serephent »

I normally rescue my birds, but mu husband wanted an IRN so bad, that I broke down and bought one. Thought it might be a nice change of pace to NOT have to convince a bird it was OK. Right! My rescued birds have shown less fear than this little guy. Will step up in the cage for about 2 sec and then is off. Doesn't want to come out with us. Will come out if the door is open, just not to be with us. Any ideas?
SkyeBerry

Re: 2 month old

Post by SkyeBerry »

I was just about to log off when I saw your post so I will be very brief. There are lots of topics along this line of questioning. They contain a lot of good advise. I obtained my IRN as a baby. A little older than yours I believe. He has not been as bad as some of the stories I have read here but either because of genetics or a lack of handling by the breeder - or possibly both - some IRN's seem to take a long time to develop trust. If you have rescued birds in the past did you need to re-establish trust? Go slow, and have lots of patience. My IRN is much more work than my sun conure but I would never give him up!
Mary