I need some help with my IRN

Moderator: Mods

BubblesCleo

I need some help with my IRN

Post by BubblesCleo »

I came home from work today to find my IRN sleeping, and not her happy self. My daughter and I brought her from the pet shop 3 months ago, I have been trying to tame her. Its a slow process, but it’s getting better, she is about 7-8 months old. she is eating from our hands and is allowing us to pat her with a little stick softly on the back of her neck. Today she allowed me to pat her, however her eyes are always closing and she is wanting to sleep. her beak is flacking on the tip but I’ve read that is normal at this age.
I haven’t heard her say a word today. I gave her some apple - she loves it but couldn’t eat it but wanted too…. Ive made her some rice and added some vegetables she wants to eat but kept closing her eyes.
I’m really worried :(
I’m not sure what to do?
InTheAir

Re: I need some help with my IRN

Post by InTheAir »

Hi,
I'd be taking her to an avian vet straight away!
Btw my girl is about the same age and her beak isn't flakey... our older bird never had a flakey beak at that age either.

Regards,
Claire
BubblesCleo

Re: I need some help with my IRN

Post by BubblesCleo »

Thank you for letting me know, I will look for a vet and take her in the morning, she is back up in her cage in her normal sleeping place, I really hope she will be ok