NEW GOODIES FOR EMY!!!

Moderator: Mods

Abhi_dani

NEW GOODIES FOR EMY!!!

Post by Abhi_dani »

Hi people,
I just had some spare time this Sunday so decided to devote it on making some thing for EMY!!

- one pic is of her Sunday assorted platter. 8)
- I made a perch for her as she seems to hate the current one. 8)
- Since i had the timber I decided to make her a new swing as well. 8)

Please give me a feedback for the same as I am pretty new to handling and caring an IRN and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Abhi
Attachments
Platter
Platter
treat plate 2.jpg (17.64 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
Zeh swing
Zeh swing
swing 2.jpg (11.54 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
New Perch
New Perch
perch 2.jpg (32.56 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
InTheAir

Re: NEW GOODIES FOR EMY!!!

Post by InTheAir »

Hi there,

Sorry to be a downer, is that perch varnished? Birds like to chew their perches and varnish is not good for them. If you do an Internet search for safe wood for parrots you will find some comprehensive lists of trees you can get branches from. Natural branches are great for little birdy feet.
Also check out this thread http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=8078 for ideas of what to feed your little one.

Regards,
Claire
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

I think its great what you are doing and do not get discouraged. I also have a question. What exactly is the twisted wire you used for the swing? Is it coated? Could this be chewed off and ingested? Also, I get concerned about things a toe could slip into and get twisted. Regarding the wood, I would also avoid anything stained. Dollar stores have pine dowels in various diameters for crafts and they are generally a buck or two. Or pick up a long dowel you can cut to your desired length & use for several items next time you go to the hardware store. Just make sure it is untreated. Looking forward to your next projects!
Mary
Abhi_dani

Post by Abhi_dani »

Hi SkyeBerry and InTheAir ,

Thanks for the input, i will take care of those things next time. Im just trying to figure out wat her favorite treat is.

The wire doesn't have a coating of any kind. I am looking forward to making a stand for her once I manage to lure her outta the cage :cry: :cry:

Regards,
Abhi
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

If you go to the Miscellanous section the second topic is something like "add your input - homemade with love" This section should provide you with ideas and likely other links.
Mary