Indian Ringneck making Wheezing Noise (Video Link)

Moderator: Mods

LewisCM

Indian Ringneck making Wheezing Noise (Video Link)

Post by LewisCM »

This is my first post on here so bare with, but about three days ago now my male indian ringneck, Tutti, who was born April 12th 2013, started to make this wheezing noise, now i cant hear any clicking sounds in his chest and his nostrils are clear, should i be worried about this noise or is it just one of the sounds hes going to make from now on ?

It may be worth mentioning that he doesn't do it constantly, just outbursts of it, and hes recently started talking, (peek-a-boo, hello and can wolf whistle). when he saw me attempting to video him he came up to the side of the cage and made the noise as if he was trying to get my attention. He is healthy and no different otherwise.

because im a new user it wont let me add the youtube link properly but its (remove spaces before and after the "com/") -

youtube. com/ watch?v=LUPtCw9ITHE&feature=youtu.be
sanjays mummi

Re: Indian Ringneck making Wheezing Noise (Video Link)

Post by sanjays mummi »

Could he be mimicking a noise he has heard?, a few years ago I read an article in the paper where a guy acquired a parrot from parrot rescue, the bird was wheezing and coughing and sounded as though it was seriously ill. The guy spent a fortune on veterinary tests and nothing could be found, in sheer desperation, the vet suggested the guy check out the birds history, which he did, the parrot had come from a nursing home, and one of the residents suffered from lung cancer, the bird had picked up the noises this poor resident made.