Neo/Anyone...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Neo/Anyone...

Post by Mikaela »

Can someone tell me what size pics should be taken in. Not for the board but in general.

Mine are always HUGE then when I try to make them smaller they look crappy. I cant figure out how to make them smaller and even if I could, I wouldnt know what to sit it on grrrrrr!!!!

640x480?

I have the Kodak Easyshare Z700... hated it from day 1, my samsung was way more user friendly but was only 2 mp. This one is 4 but cant figure it out.

*pulls her hair out*

I reckon what Im asking is how do I get my camera to take pics at 640x480 and if that is a good size for 4x6 print.
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

hubby said it depends on your camera.. but on the kodaks generally there would be a setting, maybe in setup or menu that will allow you to preset pictures to be taken in good.. better.. best etc. the lowest being for email the highest for printing so the second or third highest setting should be somewhere around 640 x 480 or so. When you have your image on the computer you can simply right click on it and select properties to tell you what resolution the picture actually is. Just have a little mess around and see what you come up with.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Be sure when you reduce size (especially for prints) that you are using a very high quality program to do it.

Also, make sure it says something like "Constrain proportions". That makes the pic size all at once, so you don't have to figure out the math to keep the sides and the top and bottom equal.

I take all my pics on a medium setting, unless I'm working on one for print, then I use the highest resolution and then resize (not change the resolution) on the computer.

Athena
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Your camera should take the pictures at about either 2560 x 1920 or 2160 x 1440. These are the size to get photos printed. On your computer these are WAY too big. Your typical screen is 1024 x 768. And photos on your computer should be say 640 x 480..

Now I crop my pictures. to make it look like the obects are bigger. Or you can use a paint program to resize the pictures.

Now IF you want to print them as real photos then you need to keep the large size.

If you tell me what photo tools you have maybe I can help you. But you should be able to resize them, making sure you keep the constraints like Athena says.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I just have the jasc photoshop.

That is my problem, when I resize on the pc after taking the pic it makes the pic look screwed up.

I believe it takes pics at 2160x1440. So, I just need to 'constrain proportions' to resize? Assuming that is an option. What should I resize to for pc viewing, 640x480? And as long as I always choose constrain proportions I can resize it many times? To e-mail or to print (which would be the largest).

Thanks so much ya'll. I have been messing with this since 12.25.05 grrr

Yay! I found the 'preserve aspect ratio'

*happy dance*
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

well if your using an editing program I just use photoshop .. wizard .. select for online and keep the aspect ratio
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

For online viewing I make my photos 500x whatever follows LOL. I just make the largest measurement 500... makes it easier to fit into one screen.

Athena