Green chillis for my IRNs ?

Moderator: Mods

syed101

Green chillis for my IRNs ?

Post by syed101 »

Hello was wondering if I could give my ring necks chilli currently on seeds and other veg and fruits they are 5months previous owner has not given them any fruit or veg they have been on seeds so I'm trying to introduce a different and balanced diet.
sanjays mummi

Re: Green chillis for my IRNs ?

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay has chillies every day, the big pointy peppers, bell peppers and chillies, if he has scotch bonnet ones and then kisses me, my lips turn numb!
syed101

Post by syed101 »

Least you got yours to kiss you :lol: I would be over the moon yes even with hot peppers if mine kissed me :mrgreen:
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

syed101 wrote: :lol: I would be over the moon yes even with hot peppers if mine kissed me :mrgreen:
Lol. Speaking from experience here, you're going to eat your words one day :wink: no kiss is worth that pain!
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

if you have any trouble introducing foods... i suggest presenting them like toys.. hang them up from chains.. or hide a small chew toy -inside- a pepper

right now every day i have been skewering vegetables like a shish kabob .. radishes, peppers, squash, carrot.. just whatever...

I think mostly he just likes to have something to destroy while he's home alone but i have seen him actually eating the stuff too so i know he's at least getting something out of it. But if i present any of those foods on a plate he will ignore them...

either way.. point is... make new foods into toys and it'll go over better while you're trying to adapt your bird to a new diet.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I Always skewer Sanjays fruit and veg, I use bamboo skewers and clothes pegs to attach them to the roof of his palace
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

InTheAir wrote:
syed101 wrote: :lol: I would be over the moon yes even with hot peppers if mine kissed me :mrgreen:
Lol. Speaking from experience here, you're going to eat your words one day :wink: no kiss is worth that pain!
I suppose syed101 loves hot food and a chilli kiss won't hurt him. I don't think it would hurt me too, yes a chilli bite would hurt me. My husband can't understand how I can eat chillis and yesterday after he ate some of my food he was screaming for the fire extinguisher :lol: :lol: . The best he could find was gobbling up some chocolates.

Ash
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Birds have different taste buds to us. I am told (but I don't know how they know for sure) that the birds don't taste the "hotness" of chillis like we do.

Ellie.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sugar is better than water for the heat of chillies, Im not keen, because I like to taste my food, and because its not the burning mouth that bothers me so much, as the burning at the opposite end of my anatomy the next day :oops: :oops:
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

sanjays mummi wrote:Sugar is better than water for the heat of chillies, Im not keen, because I like to taste my food, and because its not the burning mouth that bothers me so much, as the burning at the opposite end of my anatomy the next day :oops: :oops:
Rofl
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

Sanjay, I'm so sorry you had to suffer from such a bad side-effect after eating chillis. Because I actually find chillis to be one of the best pain relievers and have never suffered from any side effects. I use to suffer from pain in my joints and chillis worked damn good. Also it takes away back pain, wonderful remedy. And when i'm suffering from a cold or flu, my fav remedy is: juice of half to 1 lemon, as much cayenne pepper as your mouth can bear and honey to taste, in a cup of hot water. Great for those stuffy noses.

Ash
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I know, but ginger has pretty much the same benefits, and my derriere agrees, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: