pictures of Deep and Dark Greens?

Moderator: Mods

Ring0Neck

Re: pictures of Deep and Dark Greens?

Post by Ring0Neck »

Madas,

I think it's the same color all 3 birds.

Look at the feathers on the legs,
it must be the lighting and the fact that 1 chick has wings underneath him makes it look as if a diff color .

I'll pass all 3 birds being the same mutation.

I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

trabots wrote:
Me too and i am not convinced it is a deep.
I am sick of this doubting. Read my lips, the bird was bred from a Deep. Ron is not a stunned mullet. I will tell him that he will not be believed until he puts it with a Dark Green also, he will probably say "tell them get mated". You wonder why he doesn't participate. You are referencing to 10th hand decades old information about the history of the original Deeps. Surely new photographic evidence supersedes the hearsay? Ron has the birds after all and therefore this evidence is 1st hand to me.

Bluntly I too am getting very worn out with all the crap being promulgated on this forum while ignoring the evidence. Some of you people are the avian equivalent of conspiracy geeks, always looking for an answer outside of reasonable analysis. Johan your blatant sarcasm on the other thread is what has put me over the top angry. I have been proved correct now in every topic I have carried out a running battle for, Pied rainbows, df Parblues, Deeps, %split of split x split offspring and now what every else already knew, Emerald IRNs are Parblues. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Stefan you are usually most reasonable and I am sorry this was your post that copped it. Johan you know where to stick those Deep feathers I sent you.
Come now Willy, see it from my perspective as well. You sent me those feathers and I've been sticking my neck out in SA to defend your investigative work on deep. We may have our differences of opinion on other mutations, but I agree 100% with your approach to verify deep as a unique mutation. I will recall I have never questioned your method about deep. You wouldn't believe how much flack I have had to take because I don't want to adopt this whole SA deep thing. All of this based on your reports that the DF isn't mauve, nor violet, and that particular original 'hearsay' of a green deep being only ever so slightly darker than a wildtype and that you'd overlook it if you didn't look carefully. Your pictures all show that the deep blue is lighter than the dark blue. And you take great care to ensure that the effect is well shown. Now a picture is posted that looks darker than a dark green and in the same league as a violet green. Not to mention pretty much exactly like one of the local Nico Theunissen birds, where the same strange thing happens that blue series appears lighter than dark blue yet green series appears darker than dark green. Of course we're going to wonder what's going on. I'm willing to say that if an anonymous user posted that picture, you would have wondered as well.

I have no problem accepting this new knowledge that deep is actually much darker than originally reported. I have only just also learnt that deep changes colour as it ages and becomes darker. Also new to me. I'm just very surprised.

PS: The feathers didn't fit, so they are staying in my feather folder. :lol:
trabots

Post by trabots »

He has 3 Deep Greens /CH Fallow now.
trabots

Post by trabots »

It is obvious that the image is too dark from the colour of the Deep Blue chicks. This looks more realistic.
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Hi Willy,
Thanks for the new photos. My first thought was that its a deep dark green. Obviously a very dark green, more so than any deep I have seen. Clearly, some further investigation needs to be done by both parties. I still think that there might be something else at play with my deep.
Last edited by Kappa on Tue May 06, 2014 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Just an update on my deep green? Or misty?, maybe deep misty? Confused yet? I am. It has turned out to be very interesting. A green bird dark green tail and virtually no blue with pale head.
And brown nails.
Here, with wild type on left.