New bird on the block

Moderator: Mods

InTheAir

New bird on the block

Post by InTheAir »

Hi,
I'm new to humans.
My name is Squidgette (that is a human word for "would you like some nice food"). I grew up with my foster parents in an aviary. My daddy was a bit grumpy. One day I got shoved in a cage and moved to a house by myself. I discovered that humans have yummy food in houses. My human feeds me lots of yummy treat-treats (that is human for "would you like some nice food"). I like treat-treats and I have found if you jump on the human you find treat-treats.
I learnt some other human words "step up" means "would you like some nice food?" and so does "come"!
I was starting to settle in and this other bird suddenly appeared in my room! I don't like him! He smells funny and he never shuts up. He has a cage and his toys must be much better than mine because he is always busy.
I told him to go away. Since he was in his cage while I was playing in my room, I landed on his cage to see why he is so busy. His cage has the same toys on top as mine, but his tastes better. Even his kale is nicer. Only problem is, when I play with his toys he comes over to me. I told him to go away again, he goes away for a little and plays with the toys I can't reach, but then he comes back. He's a pain. What if he eats my treat-treats?!
Skyes_crew

Re: New bird on the block

Post by Skyes_crew »

Hi squidgette,

Welcome :D around here you'll get to learn how to train your human to get more of those treat-treats. So stick around. We all had to learn how to get along with each other though, because our human doesn't like when fight. But we're just being boys. We steal each others toys, we play in each others cages, and we like to play chase. But at the end of the day, we all snuggle into our tree together for a nap. You'll get used to that other bird. Just keep trying :D

Feather yours,

Hamlet, Cyrano, and Chico
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D