Kiwi is talking!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

jeannier

Kiwi is talking!

Post by jeannier »

I was sitting in my chair next to Kiwis cage and talking to my Mom. It was her first time meeting Kiwi. And then plain as day she said "good girl" twice. I was sooo excited I scared her from all the noise I was making. LOL
Jeannie
skittles

how sweet!

Post by skittles »

How sweet that those were her first words! How old is she? We still have several months before Skittles starts talking, and I can't wait!
Skittles and her mommy
jeannier

Post by jeannier »

We are not sure how old she is. We adopted her from our local shelter. I wish there was a way to tell how old she is.
Jeannie
julie

Re: how sweet!

Post by julie »

skittles wrote:How sweet that those were her first words! How old is she? We still have several months before Skittles starts talking, and I can't wait!
that's something new, did someone tell you skittles will start talking at a certain time?

jeannier do you have some recent pics of kiwi ? we may get an idea of around about age.
skittles

Post by skittles »

We were told Skittles would not start talking till she was a year old, and she is just now 16 weeks, or 4 months, so I figure we have at least a few more months....am I wrong?
Skittles and her mommy
jeannier

Post by jeannier »

The picture that is on my profile is a recent picture. Do you need one that is closer?
Jeannie
julie

Post by julie »

skittles wrote:We were told Skittles would not start talking till she was a year old, and she is just now 16 weeks, or 4 months, so I figure we have at least a few more months....am I wrong?
spike the chic I hand raised started talking at around 4 months. but some birds simply don't talk at all, I definitely wouldn't say there is a time line for them to start talking.
julie

Post by julie »

jeannier do you have a pic of kiwi that shows more of a whole body including the tail. did the shelter say how long they had kiwi for?
jeannier

Post by jeannier »

She was at the shelter for 6 days (required time to keep in case the owners come in). Someone found her in their garage. I have attached the link to my photo bucket pictures. All that are in there are ones of Kiwi for now. I havent added all of the other birds yet. LOL

http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/af248/jeanniemhr/
Last edited by jeannier on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeannie
julie

Post by julie »

to me she/he doesn't look very old, maybe 1 1/2 to 2 yrs. she could still be a he unless you have had DNA testing done.
jeannier

Post by jeannier »

I havent had DNA testing done. I did order the kit, which I already got, just havent taken the time to do it. They only sent me the blood card, so I am a little hesitant to clip her nails on my own. I think I may set up a visit with the vet. I do want to know the sex because I have been thinking about getting another one. I found a lady that has some babies in Denver and we are going there the end of August, so would like to know before then. Because I am soooo sure she is a girl, it will probably come back male! LOL I dont care either way. Thanks for looking at the pictures and letting me know a round about age. I was thinking she was young also.
Jeannie