My IRN has a name!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

MrsVanPelt

My IRN has a name!

Post by MrsVanPelt »

My husband finally got to see pictures of our new IRN and we debated the name. He really wanted "Jamaica" but as I pointed out- I'd rather reserve that name for a more colorful birdie (or another animal we may get someday that's colorful). So we did eventually agree on Marley.

So, yeah! He's Marley!!! And tomorrow he's (hopefully) getting two bearded dragon siblings. :) Should be an exciting day here!
Proud wife of Rocky, Mother toMarley (IRN), JayBird and Cally (Rats), Jebadiah (Mouse), Rasta and Reggae (Bearded Dragons). Auntie to Princess (Poodle)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Oh another reptile lover lol
And congrats on naming Marley :)

8)
azringneckfound

Post by azringneckfound »

That is a great name! I cannot believe all the animals you own. That is really cool!
Peeps

Post by Peeps »

Very unique name, I love it.
Peeps

Post by Peeps »

Well I have lots of stories. Polsky was given no attention by the breeder I got him from. He was also in a shed and the cage was not very clean. He was also getting picked on by another ringneck. He was never EVER give attention. So I scooped that baby up quickly, it was love at first sight.

Polsky Pickles absolutely thrives on attention. When ever I talk to him he gets all excited and talks back as loud as he can. One time he got so excited he jumped off the ledge and started screeching at the top of his lungs.

It make me sad that this precious bird never got attention. He will be two years old at christmas and he regressed but I am working on it and a lot of progress has been made.

They also clipped his wings. I have no clue why because he was not given attention or took out of the cage.

Polsky is a female, however the breeder told me he was a male but Polsky is a female. BUT I will always call hher a male because I have done so for a year now so it would be impossible to change.