I am now a servant apparently

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Zero

I am now a servant apparently

Post by Zero »

So I bought some wooden toys with bells for Zero (might change the name later). They were sitting in his cage for days and he ignored them. I rung them when I opened the door to let him hear it and he always seemed to love hearing them. So this weekend I cleaned his cage and moved things around a bit. About 3 hours later I hear ringing so I go in my room and the toys with bells are swinging around and my bird is looking at me. So I shut the door and I hear the ringing again, So I open it back up and he is once again staring at me and the toy is swinging. So I shut the door again and start to walk away and the ringing starts up again. My bird has learned to summon me now lol I can just picture him going "Slave, come slave *ring ring ring* Slaaaaaavvveee I want more fruit *ring ring ring*". He has started using his toys now so I am happy, he was also chatting along with the radio this morning when my alarm went off. He was singing along to "Big girls don't cry" (well I wouldnt call it singing but he was chattering). He seems to be adjusting very well and has some very cute quirks. So far he is very very quiet except when another noise sets him off. Like when the phone rings he replies but once it stops so does he. Or when the radio goes off he starts chattering (very cute to wake up too actually). My worries at this point are whenever I take him out of his cage his only interest seems to be to get back in the cage and nothing else. He wont take food from anyone, you give him anything, even his favorites and he just mouths them and drops them through the cage and then tries to bite your fingers. But if you put your hand in there flat and say step up he just jumps right up, no biting etc (though he is always reluctant to leave the cage)
Bella

Post by Bella »

Haha thats so sweet its lovely when they take to new toys isnt it?
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
bec

Post by bec »

i love it when i buy someting new for riku & kiron they just know anything i put in the "bird zone" of my lounge will either be fun or taste good so they are always rushing to check the new things after i shop
general is still terrified of most toys but hes learning since he came out to the loung he has accepted 2 toys & hopefully its shopping day tomorrow
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

LOL silly bird... Lovy would flatten down and make "chip chip" voice because she wanted to be petted! Its very cute though!
Lila_

Re: I am now a servant apparently

Post by Lila_ »

servants get paid.

its like those bumperstickers that say "dogs have owners; cats have staff"
the next line should read "Parrots have slaves".

which is what we all are :)
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

LOL! So True! :lol: It really takes a special person to own a parrot--such neat creatures:) ha ha ha
bec

Post by bec »

uuummmm imran? dont you mean it takes a special pereson to be OWNED by a parrot?
lol im owned by a multitude of them now
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

I really enjoyed reading this :lol:
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

ha ha ha...u're so right! u're so right! ha ha..how they own us! I ask myself why everday--lol.... :lol: :lol: :lol: