Bossy Blues

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Bossy Blues

Post by Lauren »

Well, not my baby blue, but today I visited a pet store, which had many different birds roaming around the shop like they owned the place. One bird in particular stood out, a baby blue IRN! The only IRN left! (apart from 2 olives out back in the avaries). As I went to 'help' a young princess parrot up from the ground which was craving for me to pick him up (following us around grumbling hehe), 2 sun conures were sitting peacefully side by side in 'their' cage with door wide open of course, as I went to 'play' with them, the lone blue IRN forced his way into the suns cage, kicked them both off the perch and OUT! ... then 'demanded' my attention! This little ringie wouldnt give up. I said to my partner who was admiring the quakers, 'Typical IRN, just like Yoda!'. :roll: I swear this could of been Yodas twin!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
where is this petshop?
i want to play with the birdies!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: I shall PM you with the shop name.
It was great. Whenever I go to a petshop I'm always checking them out to see if they look after their animals and keep the shop clean.. this shop was clean.. not overcrowded, the quakers were in a cage, but they aparently do get out to run around, I do believe them.. and apart from the avaries out in the back room, the young ones seem to have free roam of the shop (they were all clipped). But very overpriced! Still maybe the prices would deter people from impulse buying perhaps. :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

i was at the pet shop in ferntree gully today buying general a welcome to the family preesie (a new toy for his cage) and a lady asked me what kind of bird i had so i told her an irn she looked confused and as the lady in the shop was looking after someone else at the time rather than describing i just took her to the baby cage & pointed out a blue very similar but larger than general as i was doing this i noticed on of the little cheeky little monsters apeared to be practicing his weightlifting skills ......with the back door of the cage :roll:
well ive spun round & taken off a the speed of light( well as close as i get to it anyway) ran thru the shop with customers staring at the mad woman
caught up with the shop keeper told her the situation she then bolted back after me she flown round the back ive gone back to the front and distracted him as he was trying again shes manage to secure the door from the little houdini and the the lady looked at me and said ....so what do they look like as adult? so i took her over to the adult cages and showed her so of course a couple of the irns that are getting used to me popping in to say hi came over & hammed for us :D
then we went back to the counter and as we were all being served i told the shop keeper all about rikus new tricks of sitting in my head & conning food out of my daughters boyfriend the lady that id been bird watching with just smiled & said "so theres no such thing as a boring day with these guys?
do i spot a futrue irn mummy do you think?
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Don't know what you mean....huh uh.... Gelly is not the boss of me. And she hasn't taken to nipping at me when I don't obey her commands. Never happened. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
MCS
bec

Post by bec »

whos bossed by their blue bird?
not me
yes kieron im coming with your fresh apples just in time for generals private time
gotta go before i get in trouble!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: