Pendulum Parrot

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

alan80

Pendulum Parrot

Post by alan80 »

Bella can be so funny some times. In my attempts to encourage him to climb up a knotted rope I have attatched a 1.5 meter rope to the ceiling with a swing and his fav toy up the top. He discovered that instead of climbing up the rope, if he hags upside down from the bottom knot and flaps his wings he can swing. . He then started flaping so that the rope would spin in a circle. You could see the expression of "this is heaps more interesting than climbing" on his face It was so funny watching an inverted bird flap like mad to get some speed up and then enjoy the motion as it slowed down. Of course he's now realised that it makes us laugh so i think there is little hope of him getting the idea of climbing the rope anytime soon. :P
Ohana

Post by Ohana »

How cute, our little one is finally settinging to where she is starting to do funny things as well. I can't wait!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hehe, what a funny bugga! Yoda does this too from the cord holding the blinds up. He started climbing the brick wall to get ontop of the blinds then pulls the cord out from underneath the runner, then slides down to look out the window upside down.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

how cute

Post by bec »

that sounds so gorgeous!!!! im getting some rope for my birds now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its amazing the eeveryday things that they find fasinating!