Lovy is happy!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

giantfoot_truck

Lovy is happy!

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Last night I took lovy to a petstore with lots of parrots perching on the bird-stand display, while some are kept in cage. It was soo noisy that all of the parrots are communicating with each other, Lovy also communicate with them!
None of them can talk human, but most of them are tame; they wanted to be touched by unfamiliar hand, they all look healthy, but not sure if they are really happy or not. Its strange that they sell many kind of parrots but no ringneck parakeet, they sell quaker parakeet though, but not tame, it rush away when approached.

There is one macaw with bended beak, the tips of the beak were bended to the left side, so no way this parrot can ever hook on to something, but it can still eat. I feel terrible when I saw it, it seems very stress and keeps on making uncomfortable voice, and it keeps on trying to fix its beak, I dont know why the pet store keeper tolerate it.... I talk to the petstore but he doesn't seem to care, I feel like punching him on the face. :lol:

And they sell lots of fish and mammals too, it is kind of a huge pet store.

I didn't buy much thing there, I only bought a fish food for my african cichlid, no toys seems to suit lovy, there are mostly toys for large sized hookbills, so I didn't buy anything for her, but she seems happy to see all of these hookbill friend. So she knows that she is not alone in this world! Cause she never meet any other parrot species before, she only know the doves.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Is there any authority in your area for birds? You can get the Macaw taken off the shop. The poor thing sounds neglected.

I only find petshops good for one thing.. toys. Sounds like Lovy had a great time though.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
giantfoot_truck

Maybe there is an authority, but I cant do anything about it,
Unless I work at the animal care society or something like it, Im gonna ban that shop for neglecting such poor bird.

Lovy just love going out with me, I tried to bring putih or cokelat with me as well but they crap 4 times more than lovy, which mean I have to bring like 4 shirt to keep on changing, and thats really annoying. :lol:

P.S Lovy hate other bird to perch on my shoulder, so that will be a problem as well!
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hey giantfoot,

If I were you, don't ever bring Lovy to that pet store again or perhaps to any other pet store for that matter. Since that pet store obviously does not care about the welfare of the animals, then some of the animals there may have infectious diseases. In birds, majority of the killer diseases are airborne such as Polyoma, PDD, and PBFD. It doesn't take much to infect your pet.

Whenever I go to a bird show, a pet shop, or even to a veterinarian clinic, I always wash my hands and launder my clothes immediately after I get home. Any bird I come home with gets quarantined right away as I have other birds that could get infected as well. I've had a couple of friends who got bit real hard with Polyoma and PBFD. They claim they most likely got it from the visiting the bird shows. It sucks having to deal with diseased birds especially if you have to euthanize them.
giantfoot_truck

Thanks for the advice.