Lovy's angry

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

giantfoot_truck

Lovy's angry

Post by giantfoot_truck »

About a few days ago I take Lovy along with me to my dads restaurant, I head to the bathroom to show lovy my dad's mynah bird, (the bird is placed right outside the bathroom door), she love to be on top if its cage, so I let her play there with my supervision, the mynah bird would watch lovy climbing around, its fun watching them!
Then one guy showed up and he wanted to use the bathroom, he was surprised when he sees lovy, so he tried to touch her, lovy got nervous and her eye turn pointed and bite him! The guy shocked, then I said "dont approach her like that! she hates unfamiliar hands!" and its not just one guy, anywhere I go some people stop and touched her immediately, she then bites them again, again I said "its your fault for touching her like that, she dont like unfamiliar hands!"

(its my dads restaurant so I can roam around wherever I want)

Lovy got angry so she hides behind my head, I tried comforting her by talking to her slowly and rubbing her head, so I just sit on the couch to avoid peoples attention. When I got home she was mad, I put her on her cage then she throw the food and water container making the seed and water spill all over the floor, then I come up to her and she bites me :? , she was really angry from being touched disrespectfully, then I slowly rub her head and kiss her beak, she would calm down and close her eye, she is kind of crying but no tear! I said I was sorry for bringing her to the restaurant when there are lots of guest.

I promise to never bring her to a place where there are too many people....
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww, thats good that you can take Lovy out like that. But 'non bird' people just don't understand the body language of them. I can't stand it when people dont listen. Its like we have to put a sign on our birds saying 'Please do NOT touch the bird, it doesnt like it!'. :roll: They are not dogs or cats! People need to be told about the body language of birds. Meaning, do not touch when bird is pinning eyes and puffed up. You will get a nasty bite. But then 'non bird' people dont listen. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
giantfoot_truck

Right! These people dont know anything, they think bird are like toys, just touch them and they wont do anything. :shock:

Yes lovy love going out with us, wing clipping is already done, she never even try to fly away from my shoulder, did you ever take gibby or yoda out with you?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I wish I could take them out. Jibby loves going to car rides though in a cage. He starts chattering and talking to everything that goes past. Hes so funny in the car. Hes been on many car trips. When I took him to the vet, it was a 45 minute drive and he was chattering all the way, happy as can be, even in the waiting room. He wasnt so happy to see the vet though. But as soon as he got back in the car. He was happy again. He is not clipped and hasnt been for years so I'm not going to try taking him outside. Yoda is clipped for now because I am training him. Maybe one day Yoda can. I need to gain some trust with Yoda first.

You are so lucky to be able to take Lovy out. :wink:
Donna

Post by Donna »

Do you tell people they can look but not touch?? I take mine to work with me every day and I have a sign posted Do Not Put Fingers In Cage, birds will BITE!! Thats all it takes.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
giantfoot_truck

Well they touch her before I can even say "dont", they touch lovy from my back without me knowing, I then realize lovy was biting something, then I said no dont touch she hates unfamiliar hand, and they wont listen to me sometime, they just touch her even if I say "she will bite your hand", its hard to talk to these kind of people... but some will understand.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Some people just dont listen huh?