new toys

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Bird crazy

new toys

Post by Bird crazy »

I ordered some new things for the fids. Mostly parts to make my own toys. Lots of chew up stuff for them. I have some leather strips to string them together but will need some kind of string they won't be able to shred and that will be small enough to fit through the holes in the small wooden pieces.

I did buy a little (slightly larger than a golf ball) ball that is electronic and makes animal sounds when it is touched or moved. They were really freaked out at first. Put them and it on the floor and they made a bee line to me to crawl up and be protected. But after a couple of hours of it laying there and I would go by and touch it Priya finally got up the courage and figured out it would make a sound if she touched it or moved it. She was funny to watch. Nila was the big chicken and ran away evertime it make a sound. Don't know how many different sounds it makes but it's funny. I also ordered one that says phrases when they touch it but it's on back order. Should arrive in the next week or so. I'll take pics then and let you know how they like it.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
lady-lord-be

Post by lady-lord-be »

aww how cute haha.
where did you get the electronic ball thing? it sounds like fun.
you must post pics. :D
Bird crazy

toys

Post by Bird crazy »

I ordered on line from The Birdie Boutique out of NC.
It is a bird store with an avian vet as owner and I dealt with them
when I lived in NC. Feel very confident of what they sell. And I had a question about pellets and emailed Dr Burkette and he got back to me within 24 hrs. I wish that store was closer to me here in Florida.

Ok enough promo for my favorite bird place.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Funny! Im like a child in a toy store. I get more excited about toys that my fids!
Gilbert just stands next to anything new and screams at it till I get rid of it. Yoda seems to like anything new though. I have a Chicken Dance Elmo near their cages. They hated it, but the other day I found Yoda curled up having a nap on it! Aww. Tried taking a pic but he flew away.
I also have a Pooh Bear and Tigger that 'somebirdy' flings across the room almost everyday. Havnt caught which one yet though.
Im thinking of getting one of those voice activated cursing parrots to hang in the room. That would be funny. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Sue... boat rope. Its awesome! They love it because the harder they chew the less results they see so they chew harder. :lol:

Not even a ringneck can get through boat rope so its very safe... no fraying to hang a beak or talon in.

Plus, comes in bunches of different sizes and colors. Refer to my stands, they all have boat rope. It is all I ever use anymore because they cant chew through it.

BUT LOVE TRYING! Perfect for a bored bird or a plucker. Not that yours are, of course. I mean for others reading this.
~ Mikaela Sky

Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Lol Sue, hurry up and post pictures, I am dying to see what the electric ball thingy looks like!
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.