Nila went for a swim

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Bird crazy

Nila went for a swim

Post by Bird crazy »

I did a major clean on the cage this morning. Nila has to be in the middle of everything so I took one of my long branches and propped it against the counter and let him perch and play on that. I filled one side of the sink with warm (thank goodness I didn't use all hot) soapy water and I removed the seed guards and was scrubbing them up. I had just finished and the sink had a good 6 inches deep of water in it and had turned around to dry the seed guard and heard splash, Best I can tell the little bugger did a swan dive from the perch into the sink, and was flapping for all he was worth, there were suds and water all over the kitchen till I scooped him out and ran fresh cold water over him. He was so quiet and scared I nearly cried. When he got over being scared, about 10 mins, then he got mad and wouldn't let me touch him and tried to bite me everytime I went near him. Now he's all over it. Talking giving kisses and eating and playing.
I however am still recoveing from the heart attack. I was sure he was going to die on me. :shock: Priya however was on the perch with him and just watched him and me the whole time and never uttered a peep. I think she thinks Nila is stupid. He's always getting into things and she just watches. You can almost hear her thinking "hey dummie that's not such a bright idea".
:lol: I had hoped I would live at least as long as these birds do but after this morning, Nila took another 5 years off my lifespan and I'm going to have to make out a will with provisions for the little bugger.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

:lol:

Ah they love to scare us...

Dani
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Magellan was equally insulted the first time she was playing in the "shower" on the kitchen sink and it switched over to a steady stream which soaked her. She kinda likes water now, but was not thrilled with it when she first came and this set her back a bit. At least it wasn't soapy. Very scary, but it must have been a sight to see though <ROFL>. Note to self: IRNs do not like bubble baths.......
MCS
Donna

Post by Donna »

Those crazy IRN's are always gettin in trouble. Glad Nila is ok now :D

Donna