Nila was playing with the hubby

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Bird crazy

Nila was playing with the hubby

Post by Bird crazy »

My Nila has never willingly gone to my hubby, even if I'm not here he will try to fly away and then he will let my hubby pick him up from the floor.
Last night my hubby was sitting in his recliner watching tv and I sat down in the chair next to him with Nila on my arm, Nila climbed onto the arm of my chair, stretched and made it to hubby's chair, proceeded to climb across hubby's belly and up onto the other side and play with hubby's hand and fingernails. My hubby kept lifting his hand up and saying no and Nila would just look and go for them again as soon as he put his hand down. Hubby finally told him step up, which he willingly did and he passed him back to me. Nila promply went through the whole scenario again, 4 times in all. I was amazed. Just shows how tenacious these little birds are and unpredictable really. Who know why last night he decided hubby's an ok guy. :D
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

That is *so* sweet Sue!

I think hanging out on Joe Tuesday evening helped him see that men make good perches and play things :lol: :P I'm sure it also helped when your husband took care of him while you were gone! Probably bonded them a bit, don'cha think?

What a happy family! Good for y'all!! :)

I might add we've experienced kind of the same thing with Jazzy. I am always the one who feeds her and holds her the most, and speaks sweet baby talk to her so of course she bonded with me and would nip him when he tried to pet her or hold her. His work schedule doesn't match mine and I am always the one first up then first home in the evenings. Well lately when we're watching tv at night, she has been hopping from me to nuzzle up with him! It's sooo cute. She nestles in and starts to beak grind. I am very relieved and I can tell Joe's very happy about it because he treats her a lil more sweet now and talks a little more baby talk to her.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ok... this is weird... my husband doesnt like birds/is scared of birds. Who knows. However, over the past few weeks, Baby has been pushing himself on my husband to the point Jeff isnt freaky 'Get this damn **** machine away from me, NOW' anymore.

In fact, I walked in the house the other day to find Baby on his finger and he was looking out the window and talking to Baby. Cold busted. I was like, why you messing with my baby? He said very manly... I was only getting him from his cage to his stand.

Before that day, we would have never even had the thought to ATTEMPT to do anything with Baby.

Ok, whats this phenomenon about? These are one person birds. Or are they? If a family is together 24/7 as mine is, maybe that has a huge impact?
~ Mikaela Sky

Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Could it have to do with the fact breeding season is over here and
since they don't have a mate or little ones to raise they are just more friendly?

Who knows but I'm glad.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

It very well could but if it does it means Baby is ***, common in Florida. 75% of Florida men are three shots and a Budweiser away from it anyway.

The chicks are even closer than that hehe.

Its cool though... I'll march for my Baby any day... kid or fid.
~ Mikaela Sky