CAmo is meowing

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

*MARIE*

CAmo is meowing

Post by *MARIE* »

My baby is meowing like a cat.Which is odd because we dont own a cat??I wonder if it is something he picked up at the pet store?but then why would he have just started it?I dont know but it is the cutest thing ive ever seen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Or the TV... we have to be careful as far as responsible parronts.

To be safe, I leave either the radio on or the TV on a news station. At least thats FCC rated.
~ Mikaela Sky

*MARIE*

Post by *MARIE* »

I hadnt thought about that i usually leave on animal planet.Wow I guess it surely could have come from there
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yep. :lol:

I get onto the kids for leaving BET and MTV on because of whats said there. I have to look at this bird for a good part of my life. I dont want to have to listen to crap I dont want to hear.

And ya never know what they might hear and like. Boom, part of their vocabulary and never to be erased.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yep...also things said with 'drama' in them (yelling and loud) will attract more attention than soft quiet repeated words...they are like children, say one bad word around them and they will repeat it til they go blue in the face...

Dani
*MARIE*

Post by *MARIE* »

I knew I had to watch my mouth>I love to let the f word slip,but i had never thought about the tv.Im learning everyday.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Im big on the F word myself.

I pride myself on being so lady-like. :oops:

If I didnt use that word as a stress reliever you would be reading about me in the paper. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

*MARIE*

Post by *MARIE* »

I know but its such a perfect word>It can go in almost any sentence.My mother says no southern lady would ever let that come out their mouth.Sometimes I think thats what made me start saying it so much just to ruin her lady like dreams for me
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

OMG! Me too!

From North Carolina, I was right there in the bible belt. My granny would roll over in her grave if she ever heard me say that.

It is so weird how you and I say the word and think nothing of it but we hear another girl use it and Im like... trash, geez! Of course those girls are screaming it and acting loud and stupid.

Im just like: GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY WAY OR YOURE GONNA GET A HUMMER UP YOUR **** :!:

Mostly a road rage thing. hehe I work from my home and truck. Freedom o'plenty but it gets to you. This whole month I have had to be in J'ville. Here now, actually.

Ready for this deal to close. SHOW ME THE MONEY :!: I have 4 kids and cant be gone like this. Im not gone all week, usually mon - thurs *longest* but still.

These kids think I get up 30 minutes before them and turn the sun on and start the world. I need to be home. Men dont have this conflict to deal with. We woman suffer the guilt of success.
~ Mikaela Sky

*MARIE*

Post by *MARIE* »

Yes my mother was a true southern belle.A cheerleader for University of GA.Me and my sisters were forced to go to charm school for heaven sake.Always keeping up with joneses and such,but none of her girls turned out as prim as she would have liked.She has 4 granddaughters though better luck on the next generation :lol:
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

lol---I had to go to Cotillion :oops: stupid dances with boys.... :x

OMG, I never fit in with thoses girls! My old Mom (83) lives with me now, she has had to get used to my exclamations :shock:

I have to be careful not to use langueage I don't want repeated--big bird (cag) picks up and does not let go!

Anyway, my birds definitely pick up sounds and words from the TV. Sometimes I hear my grey use a mans voice, it can really freak you out when you are in a different part of the house, know you are alone, and a mans voice come booming out :wink:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I think secretly... that is a woman's worse fear... having a man in her house and not be aware of it.

I know it is a fear of mine. I lock this place down like Ft. Knox if I shower and noones here. You'd never hear anything in the shower. :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

I agree.....I used to have a real phobia about being alone in my house...way to extreme to go into here. Suffice it to say I was TERRIFIED to be in my home alone. Thankfully, I think my response to being home by myself is much more "normal" now. :) I too, lock up like Ft Knox Mik!

What is especially funny is that I have four very loud dogs--it's not like anyone is going to get in without me hearing them!! :) So when big bird talks in his "manly" voice, I should know that it is him...but it still freaks me out.
Shelby

Post by Shelby »

Shelby meows.. it is funny as she used it to lure the cats to her cage and then tried to bite their toes... Smart girl lol
~*~Donna~*~

Owned by:
Shelby - 16 year old IRN Girly
Rafael - 2 year old Sun Conure Dude

and more Arabian horses and cats than I wanna count!
Peanut

meowing

Post by Peanut »

our bird has started meowing also.. we don't have cats and the pet store our bird came from didn't sell cats... Its kinda funny---> He'll be sitting on my shoulder and all of a sudden you'll hear "ohhhh meow" Its really funny and he'll do it when you don't pay attention to him. :roll:
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

and I have two talkative cats and that is the ONE noise that neither the tiels nor the IRN are making (yet). Since I often tell the birds they are good kitties and the cats they are nice birdies, I figure we will all be happily fishing out of a dishpan soon!
MCS
Bird crazy

Catschair

Post by Bird crazy »

So you are a chair to not one but two cats, who like to talk.
It's a great description from a cats point of view. Makes me laugh.

My cat meow's everytime he comes in and out but both birds have learned and say here Kitty Kitty Kitty but they haven't meowed yet.

I'm working on it.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat