Jia is talking!!!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

kosejentan

Jia is talking!!!

Post by kosejentan »

Yes, that's right!!! :D We went on a vacation for four weeks and left the budgies at one place, Mini (tiel) at another place and jia at a third place. Sad but there were no one who could take care of all our fids at same place.

Anyway, a few days before we returned home our "babysitter" asked us if Jia has been talking earlier. No, I said! Well, he talking a lot now, she said. I didn't really believe it but two days ago I picked up Jia. I brought him home and the day after he started talking!!! "Good boy" he said!!! You should have seen my face!!! :shock: he was really talking!!! The babysitter told me that her amazone Apple tought him. he can say Apple too but I havn't heard that yet. And he whistles too!! You know....like some guys do after girls!!!

The strange thing is that he doesn't talk outside the cage. Only inside. Which makes me believe that he tries to charm his way out of the cage :lol:

Well, that's my Jia! :D
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
Bird crazy

Talking!!!

Post by Bird crazy »

That's great. It must be exciting, but just like a child, go away and
leave them for a minute with someone else and they take their
first step or say their first word without you.

Ok lets have some video of the new talking.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
kosejentan

Re: Talking!!!

Post by kosejentan »

Bird crazy wrote:That's great. It must be exciting, but just like a child, go away and
leave them for a minute with someone else and they take their
first step or say their first word without you.

Ok lets have some video of the new talking.

Sue and Nila

Yes, that is sooo typical! I wish I was there to hear te first time. Well, well....what can I do...
We don't have a videocamera :( But we are planning on getting one in the future. My husband doen't want to buy any camera. It has to be THE camera. So it can take time....reading about the different types and getting a really good one! But as soon as I get one.....ohhhhh.....vids you will get!!! :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

OMG talking already?!?!? Wow...you've got a smart bird on your hands! Congrats *hugs*

Dani
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

Dani03 wrote:OMG talking already?!?!? Wow...you've got a smart bird on your hands! Congrats *hugs*

Dani

When is it normal for an IRN to start talking? I thought also it was early so that's why I'm asking. :D At the moment he is flying in his cage and saying "Good boy, Good boy, hu" :lol:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Jia's kind of young...seems like it though. Maybe I am just stuck in the past teehee...how old is your baby Jia? I dunno maybe I am just being silly...

Dani
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

Dani03 wrote:Jia's kind of young...seems like it though. Maybe I am just stuck in the past teehee...how old is your baby Jia? I dunno maybe I am just being silly...

Dani

Jia was 6 months august 7. Born in february :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

That is young! Cool...Jia is a genius! Congrats again that your baby is talking already...

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Isnt that so typical... like missing your babies first steps.

I was blessed to have seen that and cherish it dearly. I would be pissed if I came home and my mute bird was talking. :D
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

6 months?! Yea genious parrot! Congrats!!!
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

Long time no see!!!

Since last time I have been trying to teach Jia to say other words like Hi, God Night, Good Morning etc. I was about to give up, thinking that he's probably one of those that only learns from other birds.

Yhe other day I thought I heard him say "Heeeeej" (Hi in swedish) but I was far aeay from sure. But after 2 more days I'm now sure as h*ll! Jia says Heeeeej. Now he's even trying to whistle a little melody that I have been trying to learn him for a week. It's so cute to watch him and see that he really tries :lol:

I just love him! *my heart pounds for this little fella*