Bobby IS a male :) and is doing so well

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

kanundra

Bobby IS a male :) and is doing so well

Post by kanundra »

My lil ringneck is getting his ring :)

In amongst the heavy moult he's been having. Such a scruff. I thought I was going to have a bald bird. He has started showing a black ring around his neck. This week it was just a couple of feathers on either side of his neck, but it's spreading the more the pins are coming out and becoming feathers. What was a bald head, bar the needle type pins sticking out. (he looked like a punk rocker) is almost now covered with new feathers.

His two long tail feathers are also being replaced with new ones. Just growing in now, about an inch. :)

He's also learned to Wolf Whistle... and is starting on Pop goes the weasel.

He will fly to hubby and to me, although he tests me a little more, as I'm the one who give him most of the attention. But he flies all over the living room now, really well, he loves flying that's for sure. Especially after his month of incapacity as he bent and had to have pulled three flight feathers.

Had one nip today because I tried to get him out the cage to investigate a new play perch just after his bath and I should have known he just wanted to rest and dry off. My fault. I will learn I guess.

His mating behaviours to everything we give him are still there.... he humps everything, and feeds everything (least its not me)

We've had him four months now, and he's come on in leaps and bounds. Love him...

Just be glad when all his feathers and pins are out. He's full of them. All in his wings, back and front, head, just everywhere. I've got a tb 'full' of them. Hope it's not like this every year!!!

:)
MissK

Re: Bobby IS a male :) and is doing so well

Post by MissK »

You could always go into the dollhouse feather comforter making business......
-MissK
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

Depending where you are, there are organizations that sell "hurt-free" feathers that you can send the feathers to. They sterilize them and sell them to designers so they don't buy feather that we taken forcibly.
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

crueltyfreefeathers.com