Nila's latest art project

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

MissK

Re: Nila's latest art project

Post by MissK »

Thank you for missing me! It warms the heart.

I loved the video of the Artist (and assistant) in the studio, as well as the painting itself. I must, however, respectfully disagree with the interpretation presented thus far. Hesitating slightly to speak for the artist, and admittedly allowing for some possible misunderstanding owing to the cultural differences between Nila and myself, I must suggest this is actually a painting of his joy and fulfillment in life under the influence of his nurturing family.

The red bird in flight at the upper left represents Nila's triumph and is the focus of this painting. It is presented in stop action format which literally illustrates his rapid upward movement beyond the normal green bird to the right, whose less dramatic advancement is also shown in stop action. The green bird represents Nila's alternate possible accomplishments, had he lived a different life under different circumstance. The red pennant carried by the wing of the triumphant Nila bird symbolizes his self-competitive achievement as he flies past the ochre cloud of limitation which may potentially overshadow any endeavor, including that of the green alternate Nila bird. It is a celebratory work which acknowledges the variance of possible life paths and also looks to the future as the red bird is clearly in a powerful and dramatic ascent.

I look forward to future achievements by this fine and expressive artist.
-MissK
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Missk you are almost as clever as Nila!
Can I please post that as the description on the video?
MissK

Post by MissK »

Of course you may, though if I edit it you'll have to update.......

Just hope Nila does not later become literate and shoot it down as babble.......

Edit: Maybe one day you can put up a Rocky?Budgie vid for me!
Last edited by MissK on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

MissK wrote:Just hope Nila does not later become literate and shoot it down as babble......
Can I suggest that is highly likely :)

Ellie.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Hence the disclaimer!
8)
-MissK
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

MissK wrote:Of course you may, though if I edit it you'll have to update.......

Just hope Nila does not later become literate and shoot it down as babble.......

Thanks. Sure I can, we would all be delighted to see footage of your little munchkins! Melissa will probably end up buying 20 budgies if she sees budgie videos though. :wink:
On the subject of literacy, we just made him a Facebook page so I am planning to teach him to type over the next week so he can keep it updated. ...
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

InTheAir wrote:
MissK wrote:Of course you may, though if I edit it you'll have to update.......

Thanks. Sure I can, we would all be delighted to see footage of your little munchkins! Melissa will probably end up buying 20 budgies if she sees budgie videos though. :wink:
On the subject of literacy, we just made him a Facebook page so I am planning to teach him to type over the next week so he can keep it updated. ...
I would take offense to that...but you're probably right :lol: doesn't stop me from wanting to see the videos though :wink: what's his Facebook page? I have to see this :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Facebook.com/nilatheringneck
We only published it last night, so there isn't much on it.
You can be one of his first fans!